Interesting tidbit from the online payment people

St. Lou Stu

Keeper of the Loc-Nar
I just got this reply today from those whose name we shall not mention....P**P**, ring any bells?

Hello, my name is Michael and I am happy to assist you with your
question regarding your P**P** account. You will be able to use your
P**P** debit card/Secure card to purchase tobacco products online or in
retail stores. As long as the products do not break the law, you will
not break any P**P** rules. If you have any questions, you may contact
P**P** at the number below. Have a great day.

It seems that your P**P** debit card and the new Secure Card feature of the P**P** plug in can be used to purchase at cbid, famous, tampasweethearts, .............

:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk

Always good news!

but...is there an advantage to this over just using a regular credit card or debit card?

also....why can't we say P**P**? :confused:

That particular company has an anti-tobacco policy and has been known to search websites and forums for occurrences of its name and then suspend accounts for violating its policies. While no one here would encourage anyone to use the service in a way that violates its terms of service (in fact, I think most here would discourage the use of that company altogether), admin has decided to filter out that particular word in the interests of the community.

Just to be clear: do not send or receive money with that company for tobacco-related items. They will suspend your account.

Just to be clear: do not send or receive money with that company for tobacco-related items. They will suspend your account.

Yeah, sorry. I may have not made that clear enough.
Between people...No.
With a card number issued in one of their many ways to a vendor that accepts cards...Yes.

That is where my reply from them came from.
I asked before I did it and they said it was cool in their own way.

Always good news!

but...is there an advantage to this over just using a regular credit card or debit card?

I use their card and secure cards to link to the budgeted P**P** account that I have set aside.

I have a seperate cigar account so as not to worry my spousal unit with my spending habits.

Hmm... yeah i had heard not to put "cigars" or anything in the subject for PP transactions.
I didn't know they crawled forums and whatnot, or that it was edited out.

weird.

thanks for the info

I use their card and secure cards to link to the budgeted P**P** account that I have set aside.

I have a seperate cigar account so as not to worry my spousal unit with my spending habits.
...that's a pretty nifty idea.

Who's to say that in the future PP will deem interstate cigar purchases that do not have excise or sales tax paid illegal?

maybe I will get one of those cards, and deposit some funds into my PP account :D
Scott

You don't even have to get a physical card issued to you.
Look into the P**P** plug in feature and the Secure cards/Virtual cards in particular.
These are virtual cards assigned to one site that can be for a single transaction or multi-use. You have a different card number for each site that you use them on and they are managed by P**P**. They are linked to your account and can be funded by your bank account or however you currently have your P**P** account set up.

Where do you get these from? I've been thinking about getting a couple for online transactions that don't accept PP.
That's the whole point of this thread. P**P** has virtual cards linked to your account. Search P**P** plug in on your account and use a Secure Card just like a reloadable card.

.....(in fact, I think most here would discourage the use of that company altogether)

I'll echo that sentiment. How can they justify very recently shutting down accounts dealing with tobacco. In addition, climbing through the internet and likely this board included, to find accounts to shut down and withhold funds in most/many cases. And now they say knock yourself out with Famous, CBID, tampasweethearts etc, etc,. Anybody see the disconnect here or am I missing something.

When they re-open my account It will be open just long enough for me to shut it down for good!!!!!:mad:

That's the whole point of this thread. P**P** has virtual cards linked to your account. Search P**P** plug in on your account and use a Secure Card just like a reloadable card.

No,no,no. I'm speaking of the physical rechargeable cards from Visa, etc. skipping over PP entirely.

What am I missing here? Doesn't my debit card do the same thing? It withdraws directly from my bank account and is taken anywhere that accepts Visa. :confused:

Always good news!

What am I missing here? Doesn't my debit card do the same thing? It withdraws directly from my bank account and is taken anywhere that accepts Visa. :confused:

Cricky, My explanation or excuse:D is outlined above....

Back