Is a good cutter worth it?

Addiction

Gentleman Jim Stogie
Same deal, thinking of replacing my cheapo $4 with an Xikar but there's a part of me that thinks the $125 on these two purchases would be better served as a box of smokes? Is a good cutter worth it?

This is definately worth it. I recently made the switch from a cheap cutter to a Xikar and you can immediately tell the difference, the blades on a quality cutter like Palio or Xikar are so much sharper than the cheap plastic cutters. This is a must have over the lighter, definately pull the trigger. :cb

This is definately worth it. I recently made the switch from a cheap cutter to a Xikar and you can immediately tell the difference, the blades on a quality cutter like Palio or Xikar are so much sharper than the cheap plastic cutters. This is a must have over the lighter, definately pull the trigger. :cb
Actually I'm prolly going to do both, as much as my mind keeps whispering "grab that box of smokes instead!!!!"

I've got two Xikars and love them!!! The STS is really nice and has some weight to is so it feels solid in my hand! I love them!!!

to answer the first question yes! and what kind of cutter go with Palio. It doesnt make sense to buy a nice cigar and butcher it trying to prep it for smoking

I started with an Xikar, but now have a Palio and haven't used the other one since. I'll keep it as a back-up in case (God forbid) anything ever happened to my Palio.

Yes. A good cutter can actually save you more than a box of smokes over it's lifetime. Just think about how many cigars you'll rip or will fall apart because of a bad cut. And they are not as expensive as your thinking if you check around you can get some good deals I picked up both my Xikars for less than $35 each and the Palio can be had for less than $40

the palio is amazing, and if you should ever have the slightest hint of a problem with it, they will replace it with no questions asked, which I have had to take them up on. I still want a xikar just to also have a nice back up in case I misplace the palio.

Anybody going to be at LC&P on the 23rd that has a Palio? I want to try it out...if you don't mind that is.

Anybody going to be at LC&P on the 23rd that has a Palio? I want to try it out...if you don't mind that is.
I'm actually going to look at one in about 20 minutes so I may have one by then. I'd settled on both a Xikar cutter and lighter if I went for the upgrade, so I could a nice matching set and it turns out LCP doesn't have a matching set!!!! So if I like the Palio I'll take it and get the Xikar torch from LCP.

A good cutter is worth many times its cost, its truly a investment. With that said, Palio isa cut above. It comes with the case and you can always send it in for repair.

Bryan,

yes it is but not spent on a Xikar. They are medium. you would be better off buying a Zino cutter (it uses the exact same blades as the $600 plus davidoff cutters) or the Palio.

The Zino is damn sharp and stays sharp. forever it seems.

The palio is also extremely sharp.

if you need help finding them let a brother know.

Same deal, thinking of replacing my cheapo $4 with an Xikar but there's a part of me that thinks the $125 on these two purchases would be better served as a box of smokes? Is a good cutter worth it?

Bryan,

yes it is but not spent on a Xikar. They are medium. you would be better off buying a Zino cutter (it uses the exact same blades as the $600 plus davidoff cutters) or the Palio.

The Zino is damn sharp and stays sharp. forever it seems.

The palio is also extremely sharp.

if you need help finding them let a brother know.
Yeah but those Zinos looked a little pricey, and besides I actually like the way the Zikar's look so thats part of it.

I have used a Xikar Multi tool now for 2 months!!! And I love it. I used a punch most of the time and had a free cutter that came with a sampler. I do not leave the house with out my Xikar, and if it cuts as well as it does and the majority of gorillas feel Pailo is better...than WOW!!

Cliff Notes:Buy A Good Cutter:tu

Shawn

Back