Is anyone else torchless?

MithShrike

SilverBack
My luck with torches is very bad. Usually after the first purge/refill they never work for me again. I have become very adept at using matches. Yes, even in the wind!

My luck with torches is very bad. Usually after the first purge/refill they never work for me again. I have become very adept at using matches. Yes, even in the wind!

I had the same problem until I bought my first PB-207. I use Vector fluid, and have had it for 2 years without a problem....and the thing lights about 150 cigars on a single refill!

Yeah I was using Vector. Although the torches were cheap. I can't make myself spend so much on them when matches are free.

Yeah I was using Vector. Although the torches were cheap. I can't make myself spend so much on them when matches are free.

I have seen group buys on the Blazer for about $20 a pop. For a lighter that hasn't let me down in over 2 years, I think it was more than worth it.

I do like my S.T. Dupont X-Tend, but I have found myself using matches A LOT more lately...I like how soft the flame is. I can say, from using other people's Blazers that they are a great lighter...

I was a match man for some time myself then I went over to a xikar ex2 for two reasons, soft flame (which is wind proof) and lifetime warranty. I gotta say I didn't think I would make the change over either and I still catch myself eyeballing my matches but I still go for my lighter in the end.

I got a Blazer and have been using Vector Fluid since I got it. No problems ever had it for four months.

Dave

I bought this pile of Ronson's in August of '07. They were on closeout at Walmart for .75/ea. I think I am on my second one. (only because I lost the first one)
I won't ever buy another lighter. This inexpensive lighter is the best one I have ever used.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Both my torches have died lately, one still kinda works if you hold it horizontal, but wont work in any other position....the other just plain doesnt work.....

Note to self: buy some ronsons next time you are at the B+M :D

James

all depends xikar element when i play golf any other time atoll (has a dual soft flame) wraps around the cigar!:chkYea, I'm lazy.

I dunno. I must be from a different planet than youse guys. I always use a torch, usually a triple, always use premium fuel, and they work mostly all the time. If they don't, they need to be bled, and they come back to life. Follow the directions for bleeding and relighting. Bleeding, hold right side up and insert small screwdriver into the little hole. Hope you don't freeze your fingers. Refueling: I know that it's counterintuitive, but you need to shut the light down before refueling. Adjust it down to zero flame height, turn upside down, and push the tip in for three seconds. Try it, you might like it. Matches do not stay lit long enough for me. That "soft" flame can really burn your fingers. Of course, if you are not careful a triple torch can roast your eyeball. Don't worry, roasted eyeball is a delicacy in some places. Delicious!!
:chk

Whenever I leave the house, I carry three cigars (at least) a triple torch and a single torch, and a punch or a cutter. The single is for those times when I need to do a touch up, and if I run out of fuel it is nice to have an alternative
:ss.

I use a cheap $6 tiger lighter that i have had for about a year. Lights every time it has only a single flame as to not overheat my cigars. (toast not roast)

I fill it with a cheap $1 per 300ml can of fuel. The only time I had a problem with it was when i lost it. I brought two boxes of kitchen matches until I found it again. Three matches on a cigar.

Been torchless since I lost my last ronson. I guess I just haven't gotten around to picking out another torch, and Wal-Mart stopped carrying the Jet-Lite here.

I bought this pile of Ronson's in August of '07. They were on closeout at Walmart for .75/ea. I think I am on my second one. (only because I lost the first one)
I won't ever buy another lighter. This inexpensive lighter is the best one I have ever used.

I have been using the same 3 Jetlites, in rotation, and using the Ronson fuel to boot. Haven't had a single problem yet. I think the trick is, hell I don't know what the trick is, but usually after a refill it has to be clicked and shaken several times to get the fuel flowing. After that smooth sailing. I can't see spending more that 2-5 bucks when the Ronsons are so good.

Oh, another thing. While purging, stop, shake the lighter and purge again. Keep doing this like 10 times. It's suprising how much gas this thing holds in the nooks and crannies.

I like my blazer, very seldom a problem with it in the last 2 years. I have a couple extra ronsons that I have that I dont need. If you want one PM me your addy and I will be glad to send you one.:tu

I bought 3 of the Ronson Jet Lite a while back. Lost one but still have two. Went to walmart yesterday to buy some more and they don't sell them anymore :(

My lotus lighter has yet to let me down. I love it.

I have a cheapy torch that I use out on the deck in case i forget it out there that has also yet to let me down. guess im just luck with em.

Back