is Rocky Patel crazy???

tchariya

Taters of the Lost Ark
I was just browsing the CI and/or Thompson's catalog while on the toilet last night and was just shocked at all the RP crap out there!

What's with all his crap branding?

This brother has a different cigar for everyday of the year, this is what turned me off to RP, I mean how many new brands or blends can one come out with. Don Pepin seems to be putting out quite a few different blends and brands as well.

the only rocky patel cigars that are available over here are sungrown and 1990s. Be happy that you have a wider slection on patels...

This seems to be the MO for superstars like Patel and Pepin. But if you can find the ones that really stand out you are in for a treat. I love me some Vintage and OWR, but it does get tiring trying to figure out all these other ones...

It's a semi-boom right now and people (companies) are just trying to build capital and profit. Heck, I wish I could do it. If I had my own joint, I'd find a good blend then just keep changing either the wrapper, binder, or filler and call it something else completely. I think that's what RP does. Or when that gets old, you can put TWO wrappers on one cigar (the Vintage 90 & 92 to get the FUSION...which isn't a bad cigar, by the way). Then you can slap two maduro wrappers on that and call it Fusion Double Maduro...again, not a bad cigar. Regardless, one can see how the combinations could be endless.

I've enjoyed most, if not every single RP cigar I've had. The Sun Grown and the Lot 23 Maduro are my favs. I think I need a RP sampler :tu

I was just browsing the CI and/or Thompson's catalog while on the toilet last night and was just shocked at all the RP crap out there!

What's with all his crap branding?

Not sure what u r asking here. Do you think it's a bad thing to have many brands? Do you think his brands are crap? Rocky has some fine smokes and some I don't care for. I see variety as a good thing.

The RP Fusion was nasty or maybe I just got one that wasn't fused right.
The Decade wasn't something I'd gift to my worst enemy.

But then again....everyone has their own favorites, so opinions are all relevant.

Not sure what u r asking here. Do you think it's a bad thing to have many brands? Do you think his brands are crap? Rocky has some fine smokes and some I don't care for. I see variety as a good thing.

If I remember right...he has one out called America's Blend!
I guess 'America' is already taken.

This brother has a different cigar for everyday of the year, this is what turned me off to RP, I mean how many new brands or blends can one come out with. Don Pepin seems to be putting out quite a few different blends and brands as well.

IMHO, you can't begin to compare Patel to Pepin. Pepin is a master cigar roller and blender while Patel is a entertainment and product liability lawyer turned cigar salesman. :tu

The RP Fusion was nasty or maybe I just got one that wasn't fused right.
The Decade wasn't something I'd gift to my worst enemy.

But then again....everyone has their own favorites, so opinions are all relevant.

on the fusion u had was it when they first cam out or was it just young. cus i had one and i did not like it but i wont nock a cigar untill i have had a atleast 3 so i know i can say i dont like it. so i gave the fusion a nother shot and it showed that there may be somthing there. after a little rest it was a pretty good smoke. needs to be about a doller cheaper to be a little better but i would love to try one with about a year on it.

razer- he is talking about the cao america name.

DPG is a much better blender. but he does whore his self out a lot. but its a good kind of whoring

For me, I enjoy the variety of different smokes. It is something that I also enjoy with Gurkha. While it can be sad to watch some favorites be discontinued after a small production run, I do like trying all of the different ones that come out.

Back