Is this mold?

partagaspete

I Do Medical Things
Just received some MC's in the mail and my # 4's have spots of blues green on them. This is not removable by cleaning with a wet cloth or brush. I vaguely recall reading gorillas talk about the fact that Habanas will get this and that it is a goood thing (kinda like Bloom). should I send them back or enjoy them??

Thanks a bunch!

partagaspete said:
Just received some MC's in the mail and my # 4's have spots of blues green on them. This is not removable by cleaning with a wet cloth or brush. I vaguely recall reading gorillas talk about the fact that Habanas will get this and that it is a goood thing (kinda like Bloom). should I send them back or enjoy them??

Thanks a bunch!

I think blue / green mold is very very VERY bad. Dont get them next to other cigars. Contact your vendor. Funny your vendor didnt check them before shipping.

Here is an article mold vs bloom - only deals with white mold. great pics !
http://home.alltel.net/jbperry/cig.htm

It may not be mold. I have seen many Habana's (mostly from the 2000-2001 era) that had blue green dots on the wrappers. These dots seamed to be more discolorations in the leaf than a mold on the leaf. If it does not brush off I would assume it to be the former and not worry about it.

Party foul (replying to my own message). After researching the mysterious blu/green discoloration I have come to the conclusion that it is a normal occurance for cuban seed (note: not just cuban grown) leaf to have this as part of the normal proccess. the key is that it is IN the leaf and NOT growing on the leaf (and fuzzy) which is mold. Thanks for the assist guys both your messages helped in my decision....The MC#2 I smoked tasted real good but a little young. Time for a few months of nap time than fire at will :)

Veek said:
It may not be mold. I have seen many Habana's (mostly from the 2000-2001 era) that had blue green dots on the wrappers. These dots seamed to be more discolorations in the leaf than a mold on the leaf. If it does not brush off I would assume it to be the former and not worry about it.
Dew drops and raindrops on the leaf that are then exposed to the sun can make the marks you are speaking of.

Back