It was a bad weekend for my bankaccount . .

uncballzer

aka Silky
Went home this weekend, and to visit a friend for his surprise B-day party. Well, I hit up a couple B&M's along the way. Greg in Hickory helped me pick out some nice pipe "supplements" and a new pipe; of course couldn't help not to step into the humi for a couple sticks. Found a couple GR specials and Ashton VSG. Picked up some baccy for the pipe: dunhill early morning, proper english, squadron leader, and a tin of frog morton. Also found a beautiful Savinelli pipe which smokes wonderfully.

The next day, went to Western Carolina university for my friends b-day, and as soon as I get off the interstate, I see a "Carolina Cigar Co" store--I HAVE to STOP IN!. Pick up a couple sticks of each of their blends--all from Honduras. Can't wait to try these; plus picked up another bag of some type of pipe tobacco they had as well--umm, smells so sweet! Can't remember the name of it though--" sea . . " something or nother.

Also found me a new toy. I have my concealed carry, and in NC you can buy a handgun without having to get another permit if you have your ccp. Well, they shouldn't have told me that. Found a nice glock 23 (.40 cal) at my buddy's pawn shop. Just had to pick it up! Sorry checking account . . .

Got back on sunday, checked the mailbox and "ohh, a package!" Bought a few PAM's and padron 2000's from jgrimball. Of course he sends a couple extra: a H. Upmann Coronas Jr. and a RyJ Pantentado--some beautiful sticks.

Yeah, I'm afraid to look at the checking account after this weekend.

Of course this thread wouldn't be complete w/out pics:

PICT0107.jpg

Sticks from jgrimball--aren't they beautiful?

PICT0081.jpg

Rest of this weekend's spoils! :ss

Wow I thought my weekend was bad. I see you have some Carolina Cigar Co.'s in there. What do you think of those? Nice weekend of splurging.

didnt you say something about a Glock too??

oh and nice pickup.. I did the samething, now Im broke.. :(

Yeah, don't have any pic's of it though--but it is so much easier to carry than the full-sized glock 21--the 45 auto. Shot em both saturday and the 40 cal kicked more than the 45!

Looks like some good spending there. :tu
How about a close up shot of the pipe?

I don't have any yet--i'll try to get some this evening after class.

Wow I thought my weekend was bad. I see you have some Carolina Cigar Co.'s in there. What do you think of those? Nice weekend of splurging.

I've not had a chance to try them yet, had a padron chruchill on the way home instead and a bowl of proper english too . . . . I'm hoping they're pretty good--at least they should be from what the sale's guy said . . . . (skeptical) . . .

I've not had a chance to try them yet, had a padron chruchill on the way home instead and a bowl of proper english too . . . . I'm hoping they're pretty good--at least they should be from what the sale's guy said . . . . (skeptical) . . .

My impression was "not bad". From the price tag on your pic, looks like you paid a good price on them. I think I paid around 4-5 bucks for mine. The wrappers are near flawless.

I'm right there with you. I just bought a Browning Cynergy over/under shotgun. I would show you a picture but I was $300 short so it is on layaway till next payday.:ss

I'm right there with you. I just bought a Browning Cynergy over/under shotgun. I would show you a picture but I was $300 short so it is on layaway till next payday.:ss

I'd like to get an over/under--them some expensive guns though from what I've seen. Let us know how that thing fires once you get a hold of it!

Glad to hear the Sav is a good smoker, bro. The pics really don't do this pipe justice. It's a beauty. Nice stuff from grim, too!

Enjoy! :pp :ss

Thanks for making me feel better for spending the bucks on getting my Mark IV Trap gun Refitted for a Morgan Pad along with opening the Porting up a little I didn't have the budget to even buy sticks. Anyway Great haul, enjoy the smokes and the shooting :ss

Back