ITC 10th Anniversary Robusto review by MarkinCA...

MarkinCA

SilverBack
2 weeks has passed since I visited The Smoke Zone, a local B&M in Stevenson Ranch, CA, and 1 of 2 nice B&M’s in the Santa Clarita Valley. On this day, I met a fellow BOTL who was enjoying a robusto with a wonderful smell coming forth from it and I asked him what are you smoking? He told me an ITC by Rocky Patel and that he always has one when he comes and visits here. He told me it has a nice draw, medium body, and has never let him down. So, after I finished my cigar (one which I will not be revisiting), I walked into the humi and got one for myself and took it home to rest in its new temporary home.

Cigarking.com describes the ITC as follows “The Indian Tabac 10th Anniversary by Rocky Patel celebrates Rocky's decade of excellence in the premium cigar industry. The tobaccos are grown and the cigars are manufactured in Nicaragua by Joseph Fernandez, a rising star in the business. This is the company’s first Nicaraguan Puro using binder and filler tobacco from 3 different regions in Nicaragua: Jalapa, Esteli and the Condega Valley. The Wrapper is a Cuban seed corojo, also grown in Nicaragua. The cigar is flavorful and elegant with a spicy flavor and complexity.”

This is a very nice looking cigar that has a lite oily sheen to it. The construction is above average and roll appears solid to the touch. A run under my nose and the aroma says sweet grass and possibly herbs. The pre-light draw is average to a.average:
IMG_0797.jpg

1/3: It starts off smooth with a lite sweetness, and later flavors progress into that of leather, nutty, coffee with slight hints of pepper in the background. The ash is a medium gray and burning somewhat even at this point. Mild to medium body and kicking into medium body approaching the completion of the first 1/3 burn:
IMG_0800.jpg

1/2: Leather/coffee/pepper flavors with a hint of caramel in the background start to bump up. More noticeable smoke that smells great. It’s a solid medium body smoke here with hints of wanting to kick into medium-full body mode. Burn has corrected itself and even at this point. Resting a minute between draws, I find the taste is more sweet leather w/hints of nuts/grass/coffee here. A caramel presence is lightly in the background. Average to a.average smoke volume with a wonderful aroma; Later, sweet grass/leather/coffee notes, and the ash is a lighter gray at this point:
IMG_0803.jpg

2/3: Smoke is surprisingly full of flavor now. Some curling of ash, but the burn is still somewhat even. Solid medium-full body at this point. The sweet caramel notes in the background have picked-up a notch;
IMG_0807.jpg

3/3: Medium to full body that leans towards full body mode. Solid leather/coffee/and lite nutty flavors with sweet caramel/pepper background notes: And now, its time for ye to rest:
IMG_0809.jpg

Will I be revisiting this cigar again? You betcha! They run a little over $7 at the above B&M and not your everyday smoke. I hope Rocky keeps pumping this one out. Hope you enjoy this stick as much as I did…:cb

Hey man, great review and the pics make it even better. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good smoke. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a fiver.

awesome review. I have had one, and it wasn't extraordinary, IMHO...I guess I anticipated more. I want to see how a few months help.

Fantastic review and pics. really. You get an A= squared for the review.

I've yet to have an ITC. I've had the Rocky Patel Decade but not the ITC. I'll be on the lookout for sure now.

Thanks again for a great review!

Back