ITC (Indian Tabac) 10th Anniversary by Rocky Patel Robusto

dantzig

Pseudo Gorilla
ITC (Indian Tabac) 10th Anniversary by Rocky Patel Robusto

Let me preface this by saying that I typically enjoy both Indian Tabac and Rocky Patel cigars. Well, the first 2/3 of them until that "RP funk" hits anyway . . .

Construction
This is a very nice looking robusto with a rich brown wrapper with a few medium size veins. It is firm to the squeeze and has above average heft. Pre-light draw is just right.

The Experience
The first puff gave me a nice burst of pepper and wood with a slightly sweet finish. However, the flavor just dropped off after that. I kept puffing away, hoping to taste something interesting but the best I ever got was the faintest bit of wood, an occasional hint of hay, or a trace of slightly sweet tobacco. The finish was short and reminded me of the milk left at the bottom of a bowl of Cheerios after the cereal is gone. The body and strength never rose above mild-medium. However, the burn was perfect and the ash held on to about the halfway mark. That's when I set this stick down. I've tossed sticks because they tasted bad or pissed me off due to burn issues but this is the first cigar that I have abandoned because it bored me to death. Seriously, the flavor of the filtered water I was drinking overpowered this cigar. Not at all what I expected from a Nicaraguan puro!

The Bottom Line
I would recommend this cigar if you want to give a non-cigar smoker something that looks nice and will burn well yet will not offend them or break the bank. It's the cigar equivalent of milk toast in the flavor department.

Wow. I've never smoked one myself, but have heard nothing but raves about this cigar. And being a rocky ho I would expect it to be better than what you describe. Maybe just a bad stick?:confused:

Wow. I've never smoked one myself, but have heard nothing but raves about this cigar. And being a rocky ho I would expect it to be better than what you describe. Maybe just a bad stick?:confused:

It's wasn't bad. It just didn't taste like much of anything to me. Perhaps I've just been smoking too many Pepins and Pargatas :r

I thought it was a pretty decent smoke not the best cigar I have ever smoked I would defiantly rather smoke a decade or maybe one of Rockys sungrowns but the ITC is not bad but it's not great either

Back