I've seen some bad overbidding on cbid before, but...

Everybody knows that the best cigars cost a lot of money.
This EK fella obviously likes Paratagas Black and wants to make sure they're the best.

same bidder is also overbidding on the 5-pack of the same stick ... guess he really likes the Partagas Black. Maybe he thinks they're from ISOM. :hn

Someone's going to be really pissed when they figure out they were bidding from the picture of the product and not the description.:hn

Yeah- those are made with pre-embargo Cuban tobacco!

happy-smiley-65.gif

Still doesn't beat the guy who paid $170 for a fiver of CAO Vision.
:tpd:

There's no beating the stupidity of that guy.

Maybe he thinks he's buying a whole box? I just can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would bid this high.

Well, he's bidding against someone... More that makes me think that these auctions aren't perhaps all on the up and up. Does he have auto-bid turned on? lol

Well, he's bidding against someone... More that makes me think that these auctions aren't perhaps all on the up and up. Does he have auto-bid turned on? lol

Im with you brother. I dont buy much from cbid. As this seems to be the norm any more. People bidding more than a retailer is selling for.

Im with you brother. I dont buy much from cbid. As this seems to be the norm any more. People bidding more than a retailer is selling for.

It is simply about people being uninformed and over competitive. One way areound it. Set your auto bid at a reasonable level and let them do it.

Not necessarily. On c-bid there are two fields . . . the bid amount and the max bid amount. You can set the bid amount to whatever you want and then well . . . that's what your bid is. It doesn't go in increments like when you use auto-bid. It just jumps right up to that amount.

Also, I would disagree with people who say you can't get a good deal on c-bid anymore. I just won a Xikar Enigma lighter last week for example. The best price I could find on the internet was $42 and I won the auction for $28. It's getting harder everyday to get really good deals on there but it still happens.

Not necessarily. On c-bid there are two fields . . . the bid amount and the max bid amount. You can set the bid amount to whatever you want and then well . . . that's what your bid is. It doesn't go in increments like when you use auto-bid. It just jumps right up to that amount.

Also, I would disagree with people who say you can't get a good deal on c-bid anymore. I just won a Xikar Enigma lighter last week for example. The best price I could find on the internet was $42 and I won the auction for $28. It's getting harder everyday to get really good deals on there but it still happens.

Exactly...I have got some great deals on C-Bid too. Just set your max limit, and if you win, you win. Don't let it become a competition for you.

Back