Java by Drew Estate: My first review

ghostrider

SilverBack
Not being a big fan of flavored smokes, I didn't expect much from this, but went in with an open mind.

This was a robusto, box pressed with a subtle mocha smell. It felt nice and heavy, tightly packed. I couldn't get my little havana cutter over the end, so had to use my handy Benchmade knife to take it off. Pre-light draw was tight, with some nice flavor. By this time the entire cap had fallen off, but that may be due to not letting it rest in my humi after it arrived. This didn't affect the wrapper at all, as it stayed together for the whole smoke.

This was a nice, easy to light cigar. Initial flavor was pretty mild, with a touch of mocha in it. It seemed to keep this flavor through most of the smoke. I smoked it down to about 2", where it started to turn a little bitter. I had purged it a couple times before this, but that didn't seem to help at this point.

Kept an even burn throughout the stick, with no touch ups required. Ash was nice, white and very tight. Had to knock if off after about 1 1/2".

Overall, nice mild smoke, with a consistant flavor throughout most of the cigar. I received several comments on how good it smelled as well.

Nice review.. I didn't really enjoy the one I had, but I may have to give it another shot, since its been so long
Scott

Great review. I know everyone hates flavored sticks but This is a good cigar that smells nice and can be smoked at my local coffee shop. If I tried to bring my "go to" smoke (5 Vegas Classic Torpedo) I am sure someone would get annoyed by the smell or the smoke. I hate that! But with these it is always... "WOW! What is that? It smells good" Not a bad smoke with a nice hint of mocha. :D

I got a fiver of these on C-bid, gonna let the others rest a bit before I try again. Definitely something I could smoke around the wife and not catch TOO much crap

I have not been able to try one of these yet. I can't seem to find them locally, and I haven't got around to ordering some yet. I am not a fan of flavored cigars, but I think that this flavor profile may be good. I will have to get me some to try! Thanks for the review.

I have had two of these, both Coronas.

The first burned perfectly and I thought it was too mild but I did like the overall light, sweet coffee taste and aroma.

The second I had at a coffee shop. I made sure to order a strong coffee to compliment the sweet light taste of the cigar. This time I had a lot more burn problems, but it was windy. But I liked the taste more this time and it had sat in the humi for probably a month and a half and my palette has changed (still a noob but I have smoked more cigars and have gotten better at finding flavours).

I will probably buy a few more to try.

Back