Java by Drew Estate

Spect

Gorilla
I’ve been around CS for about a month now, just hit my 100 posts and done a few NST’s. I figured it was a good time to do my first review.

So on a lark I purchased a Java by Drew Estate from my BnM a few weeks back. The wife had been there with me a few times and was a little interested in a coffee infused cigar. I figured, “Coffee+Cigar = How bad can it be?” So we got one. It sat in the humidor for a few days and last Friday we decided to light it up. A word of advice, it was packed very loose so a small punch cut may be ideal. I nipped off the end with my Xikar and my pre-light draw seemed like I was sucking air though a 1/4” pipe. I forgot to take pictures of the actual cigar but found a stick that tasted almost exactly the same and took pics of it.

Here’s a pre-light pic:

It lit well and started what would be a very even burn.

As you can see the wrapper was burning a little faster than the filler.

Overall the cigar was a lot sweeter than I expected it to be, I was disappointed by the amount of chocolate flavoring the cigar had. I was honestly expecting a much more ‘coffee’ experience.

In the second third, once I got past the initial disappointment of smoking a chocolate cigar I noticed a really rich undertone of honey and while it wouldn’t have been unpleasant in a different cigar it was just too sweet for me.

My wife had the rest.

Pre-Light Aroma: 9/10
Burn: 9/10
Flavor: 2/10
Draw: 4/10
Ash: 6/10

Overall, it wasn’t horrible but I don’t think I’ll be smoking another one anytime soon. Next time I’ll just buy the candy.

Very nice my friend.... that's funny! I've had a couple Java Maddies, and you're right on. I thought I lit a Hershey bar. I really enjoyed the flavor as a change of pace cigar.

Thanks for the review!

I like the Java for an occasional change of pace also but it does have a sweetness to it.

If you're ever tempted to try another coffee flavored cigar see it you can find the Oliveros Kopi Luwaka. I didn't find it as sweet as the Java but felt the coffee flavor was more pronounced.

That was an entertaining review. These are on my list to try to change it up a little bit. If it tastes like a chocolate bar...I just may like it :tu

That was an entertaining review. These are on my list to try to change it up a little bit. If it tastes like a chocolate bar...I just may like it :tu

Ughhh, no. You're better off snorting instant hot chocolate mix.

Hehe...funny review. The Java smells just like a freaking chocolate brownie, but tastes completely different, in my opinion.

Back