Join the CAA!!

MikeyC

SilverBack
The Cigarbid.com-aholics anonymous is a group I'm starting to help those recovering from their c-bid addiction. OK, I'll start . . .

Hi my name is Mike and I'm a recovering c-bid-aholic. :tu

It's been two weeks since I received my last package from c-bid. C-bid had a pretty bad hold on me for a while. I bought cigars in 5-ers, 10 packs, and boxes. I bought lighters, humidors, cutters, and random cigar accessories. At one point, I had a streak going of about 3 months were I received a c-bid package EVERY Saturday. I went from a 50 count humi to a 300 count humi to a 300 count + a 56 quart cooler-dor mostly because of c-bid. I bought cigars I'd never smoked before and some I'd never even heard of. :hn

I've managed to now stop buying things on c-bid. Most likely because I've bought almost everything they offer. :ss

However, I know I will always be a c-bid-aholic and one bid on that devil site could send me spiraling back down into the black pit of c-bid addiction. :bn

Please feel free to share your stories . . .

I'm in. It has been about 3 weeks since my last C bid purchase. I used to get at least 3 5 packs a week, but have since started saving my funds for Nubs, I haven't even gone to Cbid. I am a recovering Cbid-aholic.
:tu

Scott

I'm in. It has been about 3 weeks since my last C bid purchase. I used to get at least 3 5 packs a week, but have since started saving my funds for Nubs, I haven't even gone to Cbid. I am a recovering Cbid-aholic.
:tu

Scott
Thanks for sharing your story Scott. :tu

The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one. You are well on your way to recovery. :ss

Hi my name is Andrew and I blew my whole March cigar budget on a C-bid shipment that arrived on March 6th.

6 days, getting better.

Hi my name is Adam, I am a recovering C-bidaholic.
(*Hi, Adam*)
I started with a 50 count, went to a 150 count, then three 200 count Treasure Domes, and now a 2500+ count cabinet. The cabinet is now getting quite full and I have been forced to stay away. I frequently start my stories with "I got this on CBid........" and end with "....it was a great deal." I also have bought entire boxes of sticks I never even tried and more accessories than I could even need. I haven't bought anythong in a month, but I always check the specials each day. I am quitting I just need your help.
Thanks for hearing my story.

Hi my name is Justin. I haven't used CBID in over 3 months. I think my road to recovery is finially over. What helped me the most was a fella named Joe Cigar. :)

Hi my name is Adam, I am a recovering C-bidaholic.
(*Hi, Adam*)
I started with a 50 count, went to a 150 count, then three 200 count Treasure Domes, and now a 2500+ count cabinet. The cabinet is now getting quite full and I have been forced to stay away. I frequently start my stories with "I got this on CBid........" and end with "....it was a great deal." I also have bought entire boxes of sticks I never even tried and more accessories than I could even need. I haven't bought anythong in a month, but I always check the specials each day. I am quitting I just need your help.
Thanks for hearing my story.
Adam,

I feel your pain. Many times have I answered the question "where did you buy that?" with "I got it on c-bid."

We all know the trials and tribulations of c-bid addiciton. :D

My Name is Patrick and I don't have a problem. I'm perfectly fine and my wife made me attend this CAA meeting.

There is nothing wrong with having 7 humis (including a 2,000 count tower and Havana Footlocker) all filled to capacity. The coolers aren't being used now in the winter anyway, so I may as well put them to use with the incomming RP Olde World Reserve Corojo shipment that I just HAD to have, right? It's an investment and I'm a smart shopper for jumping all over it.

Who knows what is going on SCHIP. Making these purchases now could be like buying Microsoft stock in the early 80's. Brilliant!

Who cares if I have enough smokes and don't need to buy any for a decade. The continuing weekly shipments from cbid, Joes and CI make sure that I'm staging my supplies well.

I do not have a problem.
I do not have a problem.
I do not have a problem.
:ss

Hi my name is Tim, and I find myself buying shit I don't really even like.
"Because it's cheap" is what I tell myself.:confused:

Ah... Mikey C. You remind me of a previous c-bid post I wrote, detailing exactly your conclusion. But taking like six times longer to do it. (This is a cut/paste, obviously):

I think it is a common pattern among gorillas.

Step 1: You find the Devil Site.

Step 2: You bid regularly, and inadvertently purchase several more five packs or boxes than you'd planned. You do so over a several week period, not realizing that...

Step 3: ...you've spent hundreds... nay, over a thousand dollars on cigars in the span of 2-3 months. But your wife hasn't noticed... because you take the cigars directly from the mail to the coolerdor... and why would she look in the coolerdor? There's just cigars in there. Nothing of interest, really.

Step 4: Perspective strikes. You realize that you have a supply of cigars that will last you, well... over a year at the rate of a couple of cigars consumed per week. You also realize that, instead of cigars, you could have all sorts of really cool, expensive toys for the money you've spent on cigars... things you wouldn't allow yourself to purchase, because... well, just they cost too much. A new HDTV? A nice new laptop? How about a 10 day trip to Hawaii for you and the Mrs? Ahhhhh, if only you could rewind your life and unspend all the money you've spent on cigars... you'd be watching a nice 52" LCD flatscreen right now, smoking a Swisher. HOWEVER... even that recognition does not stop you from trolling CigarBid, to see what other "must have" bargains are available. Because seriously. A five pack of Gurkha Legends for $15? You'd be stupid NOT to buy it.

Step 5: Eventually, you actually purchase most of the brands you're interested in on the Devil Site. You have the Gurkhas. You have the Patels in multiple vitolas. You've got CAOs, 5 Vegas', Olivas and Perdomos. You've even got some Cu-Avanas. (You didn't really want them... but they're so darn cheap!). You've also become confident in the knowledge that the other brands you're interested in (Padron Annis, for example) are not worth purchasing on the Devil Site. You have, in fact, purchased everything you want that the devil site has available. And you also realize that, if your acquisitions department continues to operate as it has... you're going to need a walk-in humidor. And your wife will definitely notice that. Your incentive to purchase more cigars from the Devil Site begins to fade...

Then, and only then, will you stop. Once you've purchased everything you want, you will no longer feel the need to acquire cigars from cbid while cash hemmorhages from your wallet. You will take a deep breath, fire up a cigar, and finally enjoy the cigars you have. Heck, you can smoke several per day, and not run out for a long, long time. You can share freely with your friends. You can even send them on their way with a handful of cigars when they leave. And, as an added bonus, as a practical matter, 75% of your cigars will be aged one year or more before you can even get to them.

This is what you have to look forward to. The most reasonable thing to do is just hurry up and get to step five.

Remember, once you purchase everything you want, you'll stop buying.

Probably.

So, just do it. Go for step five with all available resources. And I realize that manufacturers may attempt to thwart your plan by introducing new cigars.

That requires diligence. If you buy new products as soon as they come out, you'll be back in a place I like to call "Step 5 Nirvana", where you will want for naught.

Hi, my name Cbi.........eh....Charlie. Would you little boys like some candy? Come into my auction said the spider to the fly...............Its really slippery sweet and oh so good

:hn

Hi my name is Craig and I am going to hang out in the back of the room with "Charlie." He's really nice and he sells the best candy for cheap.

I will also man the door and check everyone for contraband as they enter. "Charlie" agreed to supply me with another humi to keep the contraband in so that no one gets hurt by it.

:r

In the next thread we're gonig to assign CAA sponsors. So, if you're feeling weak and thinking of putting in a bid you can PM your sponsor for support. :r

I will be a sponsor, I will make you send me 1/2 of everything you buy on CB, that way you think twice about it.

Hi, I'm Ritchie. Guilty as charged and two days clean from my last shipment. But by the grace of God may I make it another 5 days.
:chk

Back