Joya de Nicaragua Anatano Lancero

mosesbotbol

Elder Jungle Leader
I hardly ever smoke NC’s, and if I do, they’re usually Don Carlos, Davidoff… My local B&M in the Back Bay and I share a passion for lanceros but he never stocks them because, “americans don’t like them, only the euros and middle easterner’s…”

He had one lancero he stocked (outside of Davidoff’s), the JdN Anatano and he really said it was top smoke for like $5 something. I bought two. I feel guilty walking in there and always smoking Habanos and just buying Dupont refills… He was right on the money on this one!!! This is one hell of a cigar!! Well aged tasting with perfect white ash and smoke. Rich flavor to say the least and not a novice cigar for sure. Well rolled with slight pig tail, presented in a cabinet varnish box without cello. No cello is a good sign in my book.

Honestly, this cigar is as good as anything Cuban has, definitely different tasting, perhaps even richer tasting than anything I can think of off hand for that size. No bitterness to the smoke, non-vegetal, and a bit of a powerhouse.

I am favoring the lancero size right now so you have piqued my interest. I really like the Trini Fundadores and the Tatuaje Especiales so now I have to find a couple of these to try. Nice review.

Scottie

I picked up a handful of the larger Antanos - they are knockout sticks, full of flavor, full of nicotine and relatively inexpensive. I was interested in the Lanceros as i like the smaller RG cigars, but my local BM's dont have them (even the big B&M's). Maybe time for a mail order!

I am also curious about a potential renaissance of Nicaraguan tobacco - between the Tatuajes and the JdN's, I am hooked!

I had tried a Joya de Nicaragua Anatano Consul (4.5 x 52) a couple of weeks ago and it was a kick ass cigar, full of flavor, smooth, and lots of rich smoke.:dr So I placed an order through CI and received it a couple of days ago. I couldn't wait several weeks to treat myself so I fired one up last night. At first, the draw was very tight, had a hard time lighting it, and the smoke had a harsh, metallic taste. After an inch or so, I sat it down and went inside and sat down at the computer. About 30 mintues later, I re-lit the cigar and the draw and the flavor seemed to have corrected itself. Now this was the cigar I remembered that I enjoyed so much a few weeks ago.:dr This seems to do the trick most of the time.:dr

I love these as well, i bought a handfull about three weeks ago and have 2 left. The only drawback i have found is several have been plugged, but you have to expect this with the size. Probably one of the best NC's for the money that io have found!!!

Moses thank for the info... i LOVE small RG! i saw a pict of those JdN Lanceros and i also was intrigued but

Honestly, this cigar is as good as anything Cuban has, definitely different tasting, perhaps even richer tasting than anything I can think of off hand for that size. No bitterness to the smoke, non-vegetal, and a bit of a powerhouse.

big words...

Back