JRs Cigar in Selma

ggainey

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Hi brothers. I was wondering what you guys think about the five packs at JRs cigars? I stopped there on the way home from vacation last year, but was too much of a newb to really know what to buy. I actually bought some Bolis and a bundle of the JRs alternates (not really that good). I was looking at the prices and they look very good to me on most of the five packs they sell. I will probably stop there on the way home from vacation again this year. I tried to search to see if there were other threads and didn't see anything. Anyone go there to buy smokes?

It's been a while since I've been there, but the prices are good except you don't find anything new there unless ir is from altadis. The last time though they had some la aurora 1495 at a good price and also some Gurkha and camacho at decent prices if tou like those brands!

I like them for 5ers, not for boxes. At times they have a sale where you can get all the 5 packs you want for 1 shipping charge ($2.50 + $1 bs gas tax).

Skills and I go religiously...every Sunday....:r

Selma is great for the "fix"....to really be overwhelmed, you GOTTA go to the Burlington store.

I'll be at Selma next Saturday around 1 PM......:ss

Every time I pass JRs I buy the Montecristo Afrique JAmbo Jambo five packs for $18. they are a great smoke, especially at that price

Selma is great for the "fix"....to really be overwhelmed, you GOTTA go to the Burlington store.

:tu
It will be a couple weeks but I will actually be closer to the Burlington Store anyhow. Thanks for the heads up.

I like both stores... but the one in Burlington smells so musty to me that I don't stay long. My :2

I used to go to JR's a lot, (Burlington one) but haven't been there lately cause they don't stock most of my favorites. That being said I do like their 5ers, especially the Monte's. Statesville seems to have the best selection of 5ers I've seen.

as bad as this gonna sound, I remember when they didn't have 5'ers at Selma.

So you went to Statesville for those.

Then when the $$$ was right, it was "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" aka HWY 87 north...

Of course, I haven't been to Burlington since 06 (I think???) so I'm hoping it didn't take a dive......

jr 5 packs are the best deals in the house 90% of the time. they're priced for the retail price of 3 singles. great to try different smokes if you dont want to commit to a box. if your in selma stop by and see me. we're kinda slow in there right now.

I go to the Burlington store every once in a while and do a few laps around their long counter. Then it's off to Hooters for a smoke and a Red Oak. (Yes, so far Hooters in Burlington is still cigar-friendly.)

I too get 5-packs, samplers, or singles; haven't bought a box. Love the Jambo Jambo too, and their Mayorga is also pretty good. Was going to go there yesterday for their Maria Mancini Cigar Tasting Event, but got out of meetings late and they were closed by the time I got there. :mad:

JR is pretty good. I pass by the Burlington and Statesville stores all the time while driving for work. There are some good deals to be had, especially if you are buying in quantity. 5+, and boxes.

Unfortunately, they don't carry a lot of cigars I really like (Tatuaje, for instance). But, I've gotten some good deals. I got a fiver of Punch Champions for $12, I think. I had never had one, but wanted to try them. I still have 3, and one of the 2 I have smoke was so tight at the start I really thought about pitching it. Got a box of Gurkha Regents for $89, and that came with another 5'er of the same smoke (didn't know that when I got them).

I'm really tempted to pick up a box of CAO Cx2 robustos. I like 'em, but don't know if I would ever finish a full box. The other temptation are the RyJ Habana Reserve robustos -- 27 in a box.

Well...we made it in time for the Maria Mancini Event...(Truini, Tobi and Skills)

DSC02010.jpg

Then of course, a little browsing.....

DSC02009.jpg

The First Load (notice ALL THOSE USPS Boxes???)

004-1.jpg

My goodies on the left, Skills' in the middle, and Truini's on the right...

005-2.jpg

Then Truini's wife decided to surprise him....

006-1.jpg

So, do you think us guys could get out of there that easily???

We did. Boy were we ever wrong.....

Turns out the wives had a surprise for us.....

007-1.jpg

Goodbye cruel world....I am now bankrupt.....

Thanks to a "certain someone" here in CS, I have to deal with the world of Designer Handbags and HOLY %$^# pricetags.....

Guess what I had to buy???Not only for the wife, BUT THE DAUGHTER AS WELL!!!!

010.jpg

Thanks Mark.......thanks a lot....it's all YOUR fault...I blame YOU!!!!

:hn:hn:hn

Last edited:
Well...we made it in time for the Maria Mancini Event...(Truini, Tobi and Skills)

DSC02010.jpg

Then of course, a little browsing.....

DSC02009.jpg

The First Load (notice ALL THOSE USPS Boxes???)

004-1.jpg

My goodies on the left, Skills' in the middle, and Truini's on the right...

005-2.jpg

Then Truini's wife decided to surprise him....

006-1.jpg

So, do you think us guys could get out of there that easily???

We did. Boy were we ever wrong.....

Turns out the wives had a surprise for us.....

007-1.jpg

Goodbye cruel world....I am now bankrupt.....

Thanks to a "certain someone" here in CS, I have to deal with the world of Designer Handbags and HOLY %$^# pricetags.....

010.jpg

:hn:hn:hn
Call me, I am in the debt restructuring/corporate financing business. Looks like you enjoyed yourself though

010.jpg

:hn:hn:hn[/quote]

AHHHH HAHAHA bottom line.. stay single... :tu

Made it in for the tasting myself. The MM wasn't a bad cigar... Picked up two of the 5ers plus I got my father-in-law, mom-in-law, wife, and wife's friend to all pick up a freebie. I spent probably an hour in the humidor while the wife shopped, then another 1 hour in the rest of the store. I was so tired of that place when we left.

That RyJ humidor is sweet...I'm sure you'll put it to good use.

Next event is the Bolivar Suntuoso on October 18th....a FRIDAY???

hmmm.....might have to derail to Burlington for the Saturday event!!

Back