Just met a great BOTL for dinner..details and pic of the fun

JPH

Ted Peffer fan club
This evening my g/f and I met a new CS member at an Irish pub for dinner. John (Steelheaderdu) is a great easy going gorilla that was awesome to enjoy dinner and a smoke with. Coincidentally we both had the fish and chips, a perfect pre-herf dinner. Liz had a roasted rlt (turkey, Irish bacon lettuce tomato on sour dough).

The smokes: I had a H Uppmann Habana no.1 gifted by 68trishield..thanks again buddy..And he smoked a HDM dark sumatra, and gifted me one too!!!!..He came prepared.

The conversation never ended and was quite pleasant since we are bother fishermen..himm more than I..go figure 'steelheaderdu'. He invited me on a fishing trip and told me about a few of his fishing trips...really cool times.

This is us... John on the left and me on the right (for those that don't know my mug)..

pic1.jpg

Toddzilla had to cancel...we missed him.

Jeremy, very much looking forward to another. You headed down this way again next weekend? We'll throw some steaks on the grill and have a few drinks.

Thanks again for the bomb.

John

steelheaderdu said:
Jeremy, very much looking forward to another. You headed down this way again next weekend? We'll throw some steaks on the grill and have a few drinks.

Thanks again for the bomb.

John

Hardly a bomb, but glad you like it..theyre good.

edit (i cant spell apparently)

Last edited:
Looks like u guys had a great time, that's what its all about making new friends. Hope we have as much fun at the herf in sept when we meet. Hey bring steelheaderdu and his girl with u they will have a lot of fun.

Good on you Jeremy for showing how a gorilla acts and good on you steelerhead for not letting JPH get one up on you. bwaahaahaa :D

Scottie

Looks great Jeremy - if you keep herfing at this rate were soon gonna start calling you a herf-whore! ;)

Sorry I had to cancel guys. Having a truck is great, but I am the default now when people have to move. :r

See ya next time.

Sounds like fun. I didn't know that they had steelhead in Ohio. I live in steelhead country in Northern California. They are fun to catch, aren't they?

Nothing like meeting a BoTL in person.

ToddziLLa said:
Sorry I had to cancel guys. Having a truck is great, but I am the default now when people have to move. :r

See ya next time.

Aint that the truth. You are now the "I can haul chit" man.

CigarGal said:
Sounds like fun. I didn't know that they had steelhead in Ohio. I live in steelhead country in Northern California. They are fun to catch, aren't they?

Nothing like meeting a BoTL in person.

Oh yeah...and there are tons of them here from Lake Erie, they enter all the rivers to spawn..Rocky..Chagrin..Grand..many more.

steelhead everywhere in the Fall Winter and Spring... In my opinion the best in the world. Maybe not the most picturesque, but as far as numbers go, double digits days are more than common under good conditions. I know guys that have landed upwards of 50 fish on a single day here in Ohio averaging 5-8 pounds.

Back