Just not feeling it...

ShaulWolf

Gorilla
Anyone ever get that feeling with a cigar they were smoking? I was just out with a La Vieja Habana Leather Patch and I just wasn't feeling it halfway through. Normally I like these, and at first I was in the mood for it, but then I wasn't. Maybe it was the sudden cool down in temperature and breeze, or that it was starting to get spicier than I normally like, I don't know. Just wasn't feeling it anymore and decided to let it go before I started to not enjoy it anymore. Maybe later tonight I'll light up something else. :confused:

Anyone else ever have something like that happen?

Anyone ever get that feeling with a cigar they were smoking? I was just out with a La Vieja Habana Leather Patch and I just wasn't feeling it halfway through. Normally I like these, and at first I was in the mood for it, but then I wasn't. Maybe it was the sudden cool down in temperature and breeze, or that it was starting to get spicier than I normally like, I don't know. Just wasn't feeling it anymore and decided to let it go before I started to not enjoy it anymore. Maybe later tonight I'll light up something else. :confused:

Anyone else ever have something like that happen?

I've been there and even though I was not feeling the cigar, I still couldn't bring myself to put it out. It finally got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. After a bad one I find it hard to light up another, just don't wanna waste my stash.

It happens to me from time to time. For whatever reason, its just not enjoyable. And its me, not the cigar. Not sure why that happens.

Sometimes I am not sure I am really in the mood for a cigar but I will smoke one anway. Maybe it is the last chance I will have for a few days due to schedule or weather. Or maybe I just think I should have one, almost like a chore. That is weird. Anyway, on those occasions I may find that after an inch I discover I really didn't want a cigar. Sometimes I'll toss it but usually I will finish it off anyway. Just like my dinner plate! :ss

Sometimes I am not sure I am really in the mood for a cigar but I will smoke one anway. Maybe it is the last chance I will have for a few days due to schedule or weather. Or maybe I just think I should have one, almost like a chore. That is weird. Anyway, on those occasions I may find that after an inch I discover I really didn't want a cigar. Sometimes I'll toss it but usually I will finish it off anyway. Just like my dinner plate! :ss

That has happened to me more than once too.

It's happened to me, and I give the cigar to the half way point. If I'm not digging it by then I chunk it and light up another. Hell, sometimes I don't even give it that far. It's just not worth suffering through. :2

I used to plug away through a cigar no matter what, plug, taste, whatever. Now I've learned to just ditch and move on. So many other cigars not worth wasting time on a bad one.

hell yea, this happens. i usually give it to the half way point, at least give a chance, right? but if it sucks, it sucks ....:)

Same here. I think it's a mild form of OCD (which runs in my family). For example, if I have unread books on the bookshelf, after a while I feel like I have to read those books. Same with cigars sitting in the humidor.

But the good news is that usually once I light one, whether I really wanted it or not, I'm always glad I did.

Back