Just.. not my day...

JE3146

Jordan #2
So.. got into this hobby last week.

Finally saw a break in the weather to try to smoke one, so I took out a 5 Vegas Gold robusto, since my fiance wanted to try a cigar, and I figured I'd start with something light.

Finally got it lit with this POS BIC lighter we had. (new lighter on the way).

So there I was with an ash tray made of crumpled tin foil :D (ash tray on order).

35 degrees out with snow on the ground. Nothing but a long sleeve t-shirt and blue-jeans but damnit I'm gonna have a cigar!

Then the rain.... and the wind....

The rain extinguished my poor cigar, so borderline hypothermic me goes inside. I tap off the ash, purge it, then cut some of the foot off. Dry off, warm up.. change my shirt....and sit back at the computer.

Not 20 minutes later.... it's sunny again......:hn

Sorry about that bro. Don't give up the hope just yet.....believe me it'll be worth it when the sun does shine.

Ok, here's what you do... one word umbrella hat!!! doubles as snow hat...huh huh Great idea huh. Check on ebay, they are cheap.:tu

Just kidding! Sorry to hear about your luck, Brother.
It will get better. Eventually.
Welcome to the Jungle. You took up the worlds greatest hobby and the most wonderful, gratifying, expensive, interesting and uncontrollable. But we are all in the same boat also.

If I didn't know any better I would say you live in Colorado...:r

Our weather is notorious for that kind of crap. Stick with it you will get that smoke in.:tu

Oh and a 5 vegas gold is a great smoke. I need to pick up a box of them and start aging them a bit. They do wonders with 6 months or more age on them. :ss

Don't give up hope my friend, the right cigar, in the right place, at the right time, with the right people is an experience like no other! Trust me!

+1 for michigan weather being exactly the same! i smoke in my garage or go park my car somewhere nice like by a park or a lake and relax while i smoke my cigars.

+1 for michigan weather being exactly the same! i smoke in my garage or go park my car somewhere nice like by a park or a lake and relax while i smoke my cigars.

Why u smoking in the garage:confused: come on over my way. Im sure we can find a place or 2 ta have some smokes.:tu

Man dont let the rain spoil you day. Keep at it.:tu

So.. got into this hobby last week.

Finally saw a break in the weather to try to smoke one, so I took out a 5 Vegas Gold robusto, since my fiance wanted to try a cigar, and I figured I'd start with something light.

Finally got it lit with this POS BIC lighter we had. (new lighter on the way).

So there I was with an ash tray made of crumpled tin foil :D (ash tray on order).

35 degrees out with snow on the ground. Nothing but a long sleeve t-shirt and blue-jeans but damnit I'm gonna have a cigar!

Then the rain.... and the wind....

The rain extinguished my poor cigar, so borderline hypothermic me goes inside. I tap off the ash, purge it, then cut some of the foot off. Dry off, warm up.. change my shirt....and sit back at the computer.

Not 20 minutes later.... it's sunny again......:hn

Sounds about like my fiasco with a Graycliff yesterday. Wasted smoke.

Your fiancee wants to try a cigar too? Jump on this chance my man to smoke indoors in your house or apartment. If you can't swing that take comfort,
spring is on the way.
Welcome aboard.

Your fiancee wants to try a cigar too? Jump on this chance my man to smoke indoors in your house or apartment. If you can't swing that take comfort,
spring is on the way.
Welcome aboard.

Apartment won't allow it. They have super sensitive smoke detectors in every room, and 3 in the hallways.

You can't light a match without them knowing it. :D

But yea.. my fiance stayed with me for a few minutes, then she got cold and went inside. But she liked what she had... so even though I wasn't overly impressed with the 5VG, I might get a box for her :D

I don't know about the rain, but I do know cold... stick to it and don't worry about the weather... like others have said spring is soon... and the summer... man I can't wait till the summer.

Be happy your fiance wants to join you...

Sorry for your loss, anytime a good stick dies an untimely death is a sad day for all BOTL's. PM me your address and I will send you a replacement 5 Vegas.:tu

Just hang there.... Spring will be here soon.

Smoking in the rain is a bummer. Having the right enviroment can make all the difference in enjoying a cigar, is there a cigar shop, or cigar bar near.

In these times of trial and tribulation, I reflect on a quote from Abe Lincoln, "Do not despair that the rosebush has thorns; rather rejoice that the thornbush has roses." :ss

Back