Just not right

Corona Gigante

Ann Coulter's Cabana Boy
I missed out on the one box of Anejos at my B&M a couple of weeks ago.

I was in there yesterday and I asked the guy working there if they were going to get any more in this year. He told me definitely not, so I picked up a couple of Untold Story Maduros. Whatever. I've still got a couple of Anejos from last year.

Then last night, I got an email from the guy that owns the place telling me they had two boxes come in.

So this morning, I'm back again, five minutes before they're supposed to open, just in time to see the same guy who yesterday told me they're not going to get any more Anejos this year selling both boxes--the whole boxes, still shrink-wrapped--to some other dude. Looked like he picked up the last of the Untold Stories, too.

Say what you like, you're not going to change my mind. That's just not right!

I won't judge right or wrong on it... actually, yes I will, that isn't right, especially if he knew the guy they were selling to, and since it was early!

Sorry to hear brother.

Were you able to score ANY Anejos this year?

Then last night, I got an email from the guy that owns the place telling me they had two boxes come in.
I'm a little unclear here Nicholas. If the OWNER is sending you an email saying these are available for sale, maybe he is unaware of what his employee is doing. Maybe the asshat is keeping them for himself and telling the owner they were sold, maybe he's selling them to a friend, blah blah blah. I would check with the owner and see what the deal is.:2

Bummer! Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should have jumped him in the parking lot! Well, then that would put getting a box of Anejo's on the same level as getting a PS3 a few weeks ago. That's accurate!:D

I see wrong and right in both sides. Though since you did get notified they had more in, I lean toward wrong in that case. The b/m sells cigars, they obviously don't have a limit, so really they are not in the wrong of selling both boxes.
I myself blew through the stock of one of my local b/ms who had no limit. Though a few years back that same b/m sold all of their boxes to one guy. That really chapped me.

On the flipside I know of b/ms who never put opus and anejo out. They are limited and pick and choose who they sell too. The good side there is they tend to have them all year long. The bad side is of course when you have $ and they won't sell them to you it makes no sense.

One of my B+M's sets a 2 per person limit, but another affiliated B+M would have sold me all three boxes, but I only got one. I should have got all of them and offered them up here for split!

I'd be happy to share mine with you CG,but these are so far above msrp it aint even funny...23 dollars for a damn #77 :c

The B&M by work e-mailed me to let me know they got Sharks and 48s in, needless to say the second I got the e-mail I called to tell them to hold 2 Sharks and a 48 for me.(The limit was 2 of each, Still wondering why I did not get 2-48s) Although it must suck to have the carpet pulled out from underneath you, you probrably should have called in advance. I know I would have been pissed to be second on line and watch the boxes go bye bye right under my nose but I wouldn't hold a grudge because I'm sure given the opportunity you would have bought a box right from under the other guy had you been there first. Than again, next time I saw the owner I would just mention it in a nonchalant way about the whole ordeal just in case the deal was not on the up and up to stir the pot a little bit.

I still have a couple of Anejos from last year so I guess it's not a huge deal, I was just surprised and disappointed.

Last year there were six of us waiting outside by the time the store finally opened (twenty minutes late). We all filed into the walk-in in order of our arrival and shared out the treats. I think if anyone had tried to get away with a whole box, he would have been torn apart.

It’s not impossible that there was some kind of fix in (the guy selling them to his buddy) but there’s no real evidence for it either. The opening hours seem to be more in the nature of guidelines than hard-and-fast rules.

I am going to run the story by the owner. I’m not going to tell him how to run his business, on the other hand, I have plenty of choices about where I spend my cigar dollar and frankly one of the main reasons I spend anything with him at all is because of his policy of “buy as many as you want at MSRP” on Opus and Anejos. It’s worked pretty fairly until now—which is to say up until now I’ve always been able to pick up a few.

I think limiting the number of cigars a customer can purchase is against Fuente policy.

Probably like minimum dollar amount of a sale before you can use a credit card is against VISA policy, but it still happens.

I do feel sorry for you. I have a shark I'll trade you if you like. PM me if you are interested.

Welcome to free trade and perspective. I doubt that email was sent to only you. I bet that guy who bought the boxes has a different version of the story too.

Just take your money elsewhere if they've pissed you off.

Next time... Might think about replaying to the email asking the owner to set 3 -4 or however many sticks aside for you.

It never hurts to ask,

Dmntd

Back