Just picked up my first Opus X.

AggieChemDoc

Young Ape
I'm staying in Denver for a few days and found a B&M near my hotel downtown. I wandered in to see what they had, and adopted an Opus X and Padron 3000. First time I've seen an Opus, so I grabbed one. At $17, it's also the most expensive cigar I've ever bought.

I put it in my traveldor and will take it home with me. I'm thinking of letting it rest in my humidor for about 3 months. What says the peanut gallery? Should I age it longer?

I'm staying in Denver for a few days and found a B&M near my hotel downtown. I wandered in to see what they had, and adopted an Opus X and Padron 3000. First time I've seen an Opus, so I grabbed one. At $17, it's also the most expensive cigar I've ever bought.

I put it in my traveldor and will take it home with me. I'm thinking of letting it rest in my humidor for about 3 months. What says the peanut gallery? Should I age it longer?

long as you can hold out, i find opus to be worthless to smoke if it doesnt have (min) 2 years on it. just my opinion.

I'd let it rest in your humi awhile to stabilize. Don't want to ruin it by rushing in.. A month should be enough if your looking to try it out. If your looking to age long term but don't want to invest in a box look for a 5'er on here. They go up pretty often if you keep an eye out.

Last edited:

long as you can hold out, i find opus to be worthless to smoke if it doesnt have (min) 2 years on it. just my opinion.

x2. I think they need max age as possible.
Assuming that you smoked one right away :mad: or within a short time, say < 30 days and your recommendation "I think they need max age as possible." what characteristics does it pick up or flavor enhancement do you get from the extra aging?:confused: The most I was able to wait was 60 days. Since I never had one aged longer than 60 days, what did I miss out on in not waiting for the cigar to properly age?
Thanks for your feedback.

Assuming that you smoked one right away :mad: or within a short time, say < 30 days and your recommendation "I think they need max age as possible." what characteristics does it pick up or flavor enhancement do you get from the extra aging?:confused: The most I was able to wait was 60 days. Since I never had one aged longer than 60 days, what did I miss out on in not waiting for the cigar to properly age?
Thanks for your feedback.

4 years might be good. Not tasty any fresher, IMHO

Have smoked both fresh and aged(4 yrs) Opus cigars. Aged is the best way to go as it truely brings out the flavors of these great cigars. That's my :2 anyway.:ss

If you want to keep your lunch down, give it at least 2 years, more would be better.

I never felt as sick as I did after smoking my first Opus, fresh off the shelf...
Larry.

Back