Just smoked a bit of a Taboo

Volt

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Interesting smoke....

Construction: 6.5" and maybe a 38/40 RG. Not sure what it was (bomb gift) - typical generic Taboo band. Very dark brown and black wrapper. Rugged contruction, both veiny and raised stem with a bit of a curley head on the cap. This doesn't bother me as it does seem to bother others.

Smoke: Wow.... It seems most of the Taboos (SFO/HSG) I have tried are a little stronger than I normally prefer. Strong nic to me gives the back of the throat a tightness. This is prolly one the most complex sticks I have smoked to date. Strong nic in places and in others it would fade to med. The flavors jumped from sweet to bland to others I couldn't place. Each 3/4" or so it was like a new cigar. Produced medium to slightly heavy amounts of smoke. I made it about 3" in before I stopped. Not that I dis-liked it, but I have a bit of a buzz and this is right after lunch. I'm a wimp. Simon, you need one of these.

The Twist and Cameroon are keepers, I'll have to pass on this one though (even though this smokes changing charectaristics are fun) in order to keep a clear head. I just picked up 10 Sumatras, they are next on the Taboo tasting.

Hmm I would like to know what taboo this was....I wish taboo would have different bands or some kind of way to tell the different blends

not to thread Jack but the Taboos I just recieved from the sampler now has a label on the celo identifying them. Now back to the regularly scheduled review.

Yep, I asked Rob if he could do that. He is putting numbers on the Cello if you order singles.

Sounds like a Lancero - I have a bundle of the Lancero Boot Camps that are smoking heavenly right now. Since you only have the one you don't have any to let sit....that helps a lot depending on how fresh Rob's smokes are. I'll send you a couple of Lancero Boot Camps to try out Michael.

This really has my curiosity up - a cigar that changes every 3/4". I think I'm the only SOB on this whole site yet to have a Taboo. I feel like a Communist.

Age may help this stick out a bit. I was liking how the strength and flavors were moving around a lot. As noted though, the over all nic was a bit much for me. I know Rob seems to sell everything as soon as they hit the store. I actually have a box of Twist Robustos that are 3 months old - ancient in Taboo time :) .

George, next time we do a trade or split I wouldn't mind trying another.

They have been my coolador about 3 months. Seems he sells out pretty quick so I ended up with 2 boxes. Robusto size.

I have a few 3 mo old HSG toros in my cooler and they are really aging nicely. Had one last week and it was very smooth and kinda creamy. Great taste, med strength. It burned very nicely with only a couple of touchups. I will probably leave a couple to taste much later. :ss

Interesting smoke....

Construction: 6.5" and maybe a 38/40 RG. Not sure what it was (bomb gift) - typical generic Taboo band. Very dark brown and black wrapper. Rugged contruction, both veiny and raised stem with a bit of a curley head on the cap. This doesn't bother me as it does seem to bother others.

Smoke: Wow.... It seems most of the Taboos (SFO/HSG) I have tried are a little stronger than I normally prefer. Strong nic to me gives the back of the throat a tightness. This is prolly one the most complex sticks I have smoked to date. Strong nic in places and in others it would fade to med. The flavors jumped from sweet to bland to others I couldn't place. Each 3/4" or so it was like a new cigar. Produced medium to slightly heavy amounts of smoke. I made it about 3" in before I stopped. Not that I dis-liked it, but I have a bit of a buzz and this is right after lunch. I'm a wimp. Simon, you need one of these.

The Twist and Cameroon are keepers, I'll have to pass on this one though (even though this smokes changing charectaristics are fun) in order to keep a clear head. I just picked up 10 Sumatras, they are next on the Taboo tasting.

Sounds like you had the SFO (or SFBC) Lancero. If there was more brown than black in the wrapper, it was a BC. Either way, this blend can be too powerful for some folks. This cigar sold out very very quick. I hope to have more in about 3 weeks. This was definitely not the HSG Lancero. You may want to try the HSG Lanc.

Sounds like you had the SFO (or SFBC) Lancero. If there was more brown than black in the wrapper, it was a BC. Either way, this blend can be too powerful for some folks. This cigar sold out very very quick. I hope to have more in about 3 weeks. This was definitely not the HSG Lancero. You may want to try the HSG Lanc.

Thanks for the input Rob. It was maybe 55% black and 45% brown and the black was really dark. Like I said, I'm a bit wimpy on the stronger nic stuff (and you smoke how many a day?). On the other hand, the blend is pretty amazing, I never knew what the next puff was gonna send to me. I highly recommend to those who like a stronger cigar.

I know a cardinal sin, if I come across another of these I'll cut it in half, smoke till I'm buzzed :ss and see where it goes. Save the last 1/2 for another day. I like the flavors in this as much as the Twist.

Thanks for the input Rob. It was maybe 55% black and 45% brown and the black was really dark. Like I said, I'm a bit wimpy on the stronger nic stuff (and you smoke how many a day?). On the other hand, the blend is pretty amazing, I never knew what the next puff was gonna send to me. I highly recommend to those who like a stronger cigar.

I know a cardinal sin, if I come across another of these I'll cut it in half, smoke till I'm buzzed :ss and see where it goes. Save the last 1/2 for another day. I like the flavors in this as much as the Twist.

This was an SFBC, but some of the BC's may have as much kick as the SFO. This cigar is the reason I put the golf cart in the pond!:tu
I had about three SFO's before the cart hit the water.:D
I'm usually pretty buzzed after about three of these. The Lanceros were pretty powerful, but the flavor was incredible. They were really great and the burn issue went away after they rested about three weeks. I can't wait to get some more! I just won't drive anything if I'm going to smoke more than one of these next time.
I have ordered some of these in a 6x50 and a corona.
I will let CS know when they are on the way. I just have a few robustos left and maybe a few 6x60.

On most days I smoke about 6 cigars. I try not to smoke more than one SFO a day and it is usually my last cigar of the day.

This was an SFBC, but some of the BC's may have as much kick as the SFO. This cigar is the reason I put the golf cart in the pond!:tu
I had about three SFO's before the cart hit the water.:D
I'm usually pretty buzzed after about three of these. The Lanceros were pretty powerful, but the flavor was incredible. They were really great and the burn issue went away after they rested about three weeks. I can't wait to get some more! I just won't drive anything if I'm going to smoke more than one of these next time.
I have ordered some of these in a 6x50 and a corona.
I will let CS know when they are on the way. I just have a few robustos left and maybe a few 6x60.

On most days I smoke about 6 cigars. I try not to smoke more than one SFO a day and it is usually my last cigar of the day.
Thanks Rob, I was going to say it sounded like a sfo since I'm smoking one now, as my last cigar of the day! I'ts one ot the torp. I bought from you a couple of weeks ago and I don't know how I'm still typing.

Smoked a Special Forces Original Blend at a recent cyber-herf and the thing kicked ... my ... ass.

And that's why I like 'em.

:tpd: You're right about the SFO being strong. They are a little too strong for me. My first one nearly made me sick. The sad thing is that it tasted great. I have a boot camp sampler waiting to try. I hear they are just a little more mellow in the strength department. They may suit me fine.

Back