Just want to share

SilverFox

Seven Down 33 to Go
Given how nuch I have come to enjoy this forum I thought I would share my current situation.

As some of you know I am on a weeks holiday inbetween my old job that I resigned from and the new one I stsrt on Monday.

My wife and I love to take our family out in our trailer to get away from the city and our busy lives.

We came out to Kananaskis last night (in the Rocky Mountains) and set up for the weekend. After a great day with the family I am sitting by the fire at the base of Mt. Kidd on a calm star filled night and I fired up a SCdlH La Punta 06 and it is turning out to be one of the best smokes of my life.

Sitting by the fire and looking at the flames thinking how absolutely fortunate I am. The smoke has over two inches of ash on it and I sit here thinking what an amazing place this Club Stogie really is. I have found a ton of new friends on here and I can honestly say I am proud to be a member here, I cannot quite explain it right now, but suffice it to say that I am sharing this smoke right now with everyone of the fantastic BOTL's and SOTL's here. The indians thought that there was something magical about Tobbacco and at this moment I am inclined to agree with them.

I thank you all for being who you are and sharing this moment with me.

My deepest respect to you all.

Shawn

Thanks for thinking of us. I wish I was sitting by that fire having a smoke and a conversation with one the the best CS has to offer. Enjoy your time under the stars my friend.

All the best to you and your family,
Al

Shawn, it's been a privilege to get to know you. Your words strike home to me too. There's people on here that would lay in front of a bus for others on this forum, and it's just an amazing group of individuals because of those friendships that develop. I've been here for 3 months and I can honestly say I haven't even looked for another cigar forum, because I can't imagine anything better than this site.

Also... I'm glad I can call you a friend, cus seeing how you destroy mailboxes, I sure wouldn't want you as an enemy :D (Insert example made of Al here) ;)

I, for one, am glad you found CS Shawn. While not in the serene setting you are in, I have shared some of the same feelings you are experiencing now.

Isn't it amazing how this hobby/passion/obsession has changed our lives?

:ss

I'm with AL, I'd love to meet as many as possible, but this forum reaches out accross the world. I'm looking forward to my first Herf in 2 weeks.

I'm with AL, I'd love to meet as many as possible, but this forum reaches out accross the world. I'm looking forward to my first Herf in 2 weeks.

You will love it, it just doesn't get any better than herfing with friends:tu:tu

Thanks for sharing Shawn - very well put, for me as well it is a constant companion on these long business trips away from my girlfriend and dogs.

All the best and enjoy!

Sitting by the fire and looking at the flames thinking how absolutely fortunate I am.

:tu :tu :tu

The best part of the day my friend !

Your making me very anxious to start the season.

Nothing better than a cool breeze, fine drink, strong cigar, roaring fire and the ones you love the most all in one moment to put it all in perspective.

Enjoy your trip and smoke one for me.

Chas

As a new guy here, and the recipient of my first ever bomb from you, you bring to the table way more than you take.

Hope you are enjoying yourself, sounds like one of those "moments" people talk about and constantly search out....

Life = Our Father Our Family Our Friends

Have a great time out there. Good luck on the new job.

CS is the center of my cigar hobby...er addiction.

Thank you and all the BOTL and SOTL.:tu

Almost felt like I was there with you Shawn!! Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts with us!!! :tu

aww I want to go camping, lol well i have to say i totally agree with you. i've never met a bunch as great as the cs guys...

Thanks for sharing Shawn - very well put, for me as well it is a constant companion on these long business trips away from my girlfriend and dogs.

All the best and enjoy!

I know how you feel, my brother. :tu
I am truly fortunate to count you among my friends.
God bless you, my brother. :)

Thanks for the post, Shawn. Like so many others here, I have had similar feelings and cannot agree with you more. I have found some good friends here and, like trying to remember what life was like without kids, cannot remember what I used to do with a lot of my time and pleasures before becoming a member here. Though I sit this morning by an LP fueled fireplace with my morning smoke, I get where you are coming from and hope you nub another one for us. :tu

Back