Keeping some Cigars at girlfriend's place . . .

The Bruce

ChestBeater
What are the best options? Should I just ziplock some with a water pillow? Buy a small humidor and use the Humidi-puck? Get a travel humidor? Or should I just keep a few with me when I go visit? I am looking for an inexpensive option since I have some nice humidors at home.

Opinions, comments, snide asides welcome,

Erik

I would recommend against it man. Pretty soon there'll be pantyhose drying on your shower rail. It's all downhill from there :D

BTW, I've been meaning to ask you, is that Scotty from Star Trek in your avatar? If you're a Star Trek fan, I take it all back. You must take any action necessary to get laid. :D J/K

get a good sealing tupperdor and a humi puck

should keep them perfect for weeks without attention

A ziplock and water pillow would work fine, IMO. Or a Humi-Pouch. They are good for 3 months. Only about $5.

:ms NCRM

Last edited:
caskwith said:
get a good sealing tupperdor and a humi puck

should keep them perfect for weeks without attention

A good sealing piece of tupperware and some small boveda RH packets that they send along with cigars. Otherwise you could buy a larger packet as well, both have worked well for me. Great 5 dollar travel humidor as well.

Corona Gigante said:
I would recommend against it man. Pretty soon there'll be pantyhose drying on your shower rail. It's all downhill from there :D

BTW, I've been meaning to ask you, is that Scotty from Star Trek in your avatar? If you're a Star Trek fan, I take it all back. You must take any action necessary to get laid. :D J/K

Oh, thats what they are called, Pantyhose. I thought it was a stalagtite. And Yes, it's Scotty so I really need to get laid.

My girlfriend bought me a large humidor for my place and took my Thompsons humidor to hers. She also helps keep it stocked. Last time we went to a B&M together she spent more on cigars than I did, only thing I get to smoke them all.

You might check some b&m's for humidor/boxs. I got a RyJ 125th anny. box and use it for a humidor at my Girlfirends. It works really well.

Just buy a 10-15 count otter box for $20.00 and a humi sheet for $2.00 and you are all set for a long time.

RPB67 said:
Just buy a 10-15 count otter box for $20.00 and a humi sheet for $2.00 and you are all set for a long time.

Plus that set up is money for your weekenders or short vacations...for now.

Better check with 12stones on this thread before leaving them at your girlfriends - his ended up tasting like latex - :r

No telling what goes one when your not there - :D

Ron

Bite the bullet and get a travel humidor. That way if things get ugly you won't end up in a custody battle over the kids, errrr I mean cigars. Remember possession is nine tenths of the law. :D

DriftyGypsy said:
My girlfriend bought me a large humidor for my place and took my Thompsons humidor to hers. She also helps keep it stocked. Last time we went to a B&M together she spent more on cigars than I did, only thing I get to smoke them all.

Marry that woman, or send me her phone#! :D

Tupperdor (longer term), ziplock bags (can last up to 90 days), travel or small humi (even longer term)-they all depend on how long you envisage leaving these at her place and how secure they will be - will they get crushed/eaten/broken easily??

Back