Keeping the Cigars cool in the summer

hornitosmonster

5 Rings and Counting
Summer is quickly approaching, How do you guys (especially in places like Phoenix, Houston, etc.) keep your stogies cool in the summer?

Do you run the Air 24/7?

Do you stick a fan in the humi, any weird electric/battery smells?

Do you run a fan directly at your humi?

Will keeping the Humi's low, on the ground or in the closet help?

I have no basement.

I most likely will be moving to Phoenix in July/Aug (when it is 120 out side).

Thanks

Wine Refriges retrofitted for STogies works too but that's kind of advanced. Wine a dor they call them or something like thatl

It gets hot here in Palmdale but I don't run the Air 24/7 (especially at 70).

1. We have crazy cost here...and I mean crazy. 300-400 per month (running the air maybe 65-70% of the day with refrigerated cooling)

2. The more people who run their air 24/7 the higher odds of rolling blackouts (they do that in California)

I think my house stays around 76 degrees during the summer. They recommend us Californians to stay at 78 (yeah right).

Run the A/C. It's more or less a given here, humidity is too high in the summer not to run it.

If you chose not to run the A/C, a fridge-a-dor would probably be your most viable alternative.

I remember reading this in a previous post: You could add a window air conditioner to one room of the house and store your humidor there. This might get somewhat expensive, but it would definitely solve the problem. The wine cooler/fridge-a-dor would also do the job if you wanted to make the investment.

I just did a search with "temperature" for the title and got some good threads on this topic.

Also, if you're concerned about a beetle outbreak due to the high upcoming temperatures, you may want to consider freezing.

I'm thinking a fridge-a-dor in the garage might be most cost effective. I really don't want to pay $500 a month for electricity and get nothing out of it but a cool house...:r

Back