Key West Cigar Shops???

I'm driving to Key West in June. Any recommendations as to local cigar shops?

Thanks!

There are a few all around Mallory Square/Duval.
I have never really bought anything there.
They seem dry to me and not worth the while.
I always bring my own.

Instead, stop by Bill's place (Madurofan) in Key Largo while driving to Key West.
He has much better stuff.

Here is the info:
Island Smoke Shop
103400 Overseas Hwy
Key Largo, FL 33037
(305) 453-4014

There are a few all around Mallory Square/Duval.
I have never really bought anything there.
They seem dry to me and not worth the while.
I always bring my own.

Instead, stop by Bill's place (Madurofan) in Key Largo while driving to Key West.

Here is the info:
Island Smoke Shop
103400 Overseas Hwy
Key Largo, FL 33037
(305) 453-4014

I second this opinion. Bill has great stuff and is a great guy. Worth a stop.

Here is the info:
Island Smoke Shop
103400 Overseas Hwy
Key Largo, FL 33037
(305) 453-4014

BTDT- Bill doesn't sell t-shirts... Old Original Lonsdales yummmm

I went to Conch Republic Cigar Shop in Key West many years ago and thought it was a nice shop. They had someone rolling cigars in the shop. I still get emails from them on specials and what not.

Dave

Thanks for all the advice, ALL! I'll have to see "Mr. Maduro"!

:tu
Now, not to say Patrick isn't a nice guy and someone I'd like to visit, you'd have to go the other way by a few miles to drop in on him:r

Madurofan (Bill) would be happy to host a drive-by herf at the Island Smoke Shop when you get to Key Largo.

Now, not to say Patrick isn't a nice guy and someone I'd like to visit, you'd have to go the other way by a few miles to drop in on him:r

Madurofan (Bill) would be happy to host a drive-by herf at the Island Smoke Shop when you get to Key Largo.

Maybe I should've stayed out of this thread....didn't want to confuse him...:r

I used that cutter you handed out with your house smokes at the MMHIII and was very impressed with the cut!! Thanks again Bill!! :tu

That would be a long trip, now that you mention it! :r I'll let you know when I'm coming , Bill, in a P.M. and try to stop by your shop!

Madurofan & Mr. Maduro should live next door to each other to avoid the confusion!!!
:r:r:r

Great question. The family and I will be heading down to the Key's May 31st through June 7th! I plan on bringing my own smokes, but wanted to go visit a few Cigars shops while there.. Now I have somewhere to go check out!

Shawn:tu

Obviously, go to Bill's shop. I had the El Original before my pallette was ready to experience it, I think... I keep meaning to revisit them. I bet I'd love em now... back then I though maduro = strong and I stayed away from them.

As far as places in Key West, I went to a place called Sunset Cigars facing the water (in the Mallory Square area)... huge shop with many options and a guy in the window rolling smokes. Go buy one of his coronas... trust me... it is definitely worth the $6 it'll cost you. I kicked myself for a couple months for only getting 1... it was a GREAT smoke.

A lot of people will be selling "cubans" down there, too. Be careful of that.

Have fun and make sure to rent a scooter... $60 for a day of whipping around the streets of KW is worth it... WAY too much fun!

Obviously, go to Bill's shop. I had the El Original before my pallette was ready to experience it, I think... I keep meaning to revisit them. I bet I'd love em now... back then I though maduro = strong and I stayed away from them.

As far as places in Key West, I went to a place called Sunset Cigars facing the water (in the Mallory Square area)... huge shop with many options and a guy in the window rolling smokes. Go buy one of his coronas... trust me... it is definitely worth the $6 it'll cost you. I kicked myself for a couple months for only getting 1... it was a GREAT smoke.

A lot of people will be selling "cubans" down there, too. Be careful of that.

Have fun and make sure to rent a scooter... $60 for a day of whipping around the streets of KW is worth it... WAY too much fun!

Thanks for the advice, D!

Greg

Back