Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

Ummmmmm I'm not gonna click on the link but if you are trying to promote your web site you may want to use a little more discretion in my opinion. I assume this is a real cigar but....... :mad:

Ummmmmm I'm not gonna click on the link but if you are trying to promote your web site you may want to use a little more discretion in my opinion. I assume this is a real cigar but....... :mad:

Kinky Friedman is a celebrity of sorts and is Jewish lives in Texas. He started his own line of cigars. This is the actual name of the cigar. Here is a link to his shop. I wouldn't take offense to the original poster as he is just citing the name of the cigar. :2

Kinky Friedman is a celebrity of sorts and is Jewish lives in Texas. He started his own line of cigars. This is the actual name of the cigar. Here is a link to his shop. I wouldn't take offense to the original poster as he is just citing the name of the cigar. :2

I think it was more that the site hosting the review is the same site listed in his signature with the words "co-founder" next to it.

I personally don't have a problem with it if it's truly just a link to a review and only a review, but it's not my site and I'm not a mod.

I think it was more that the site hosting the review is the same site listed in his signature with the words "co-founder" next to it.

I personally don't have a problem with it if it's truly just a link to a review and only a review, but it's not my site and I'm not a mod.

Ok, I see where he may be coming from, but don't we have other members who promote their site such as Dr. Stogie Fresh? (Whose website I enjoy) I think it's great to see others blogs and videos, but, like you mentioned I'm not a mod either. :2

I dunno, I don't like the trend here of "here's a video review I did at my site!". I've seen a bunch of it lately. This is the reviews forum, not shill your own website forum. If you have a review, post it. If you don't and you just want to promote your website, don't post it here:2

Stupid name for a cigar.

I don't have a dog in this fight but his videos were well received in the lounge area. Smitty, his band was called Kinky Freidman and the Texas Jewboys, he is just playing on their name.

Last edited:
I dunno, I don't like the trend here of "here's a video review I did at my site!". I've seen a bunch of it lately. This is the reviews forum, not shill your own website forum. If you have a review, post it. If you don't and you just want to promote your website, don't post it here:2

Stupid name for a cigar.
Umm... that site has a forum? God forbid something would be outside the walls of CS. I think attitudes around here are appealing to me less and less.

EDIT: Misread part of VS's post, sorry.

Last edited:
Umm... that site has a forum? God forbid something would be outside the walls of CS. I think attitudes around here are appealing to me less and less.

He meant that this isn't a forum for this guy to advertise his site all the time, he didn't say that this guys website had a forum. There has been a lot of people lately linking to their site that they have a new video for people to check out, and that really isn't what clubstogie is for, it just kind of looks like some people are using their membership just to advertise their site. Basically this is a forum for people to come hang out and talk about cigars and pipes, this forum isn't for regular members to constantly post and talk about updates on their sites. But their isn't a problem with him linking his site in his signature or in his profile, just the one where he creates new threads saying come to my site and look at my new review.

Misread part of it, my apologies. I do that alot when I get fired up. My position is still the same though.

Wow, you seemed to have overreacted a lot there gnukfu. This is a forum, for discussion, about various cigar related topics. This is a cigar related topic, even if it is on another site. It's not like people here are going to leave this forum and never come back because they visited another site. JMHO.

Wow, you seemed to have overreacted a lot there gnukfu. This is a forum, for discussion, about various cigar related topics. This is a cigar related topic, even if it is on another site. It's not like people here are going to leave this forum and never come back because they visited another site. JMHO.

How it is a review? Or a cigar related topic? All this person is saying is "look at what I did at my site" and using the popularity of CS to channel members over there. There is nothing of substance in that post, just a link! I don't mind when people post videos from other places, but take the time to write up a review. Dr Stogie Fresh is a good example, he actually posts content along with links, not just "visit my site" :BS.

I have seen these at a local B&M and have been curious on how good they really are.

From what I have heard and read Kinky Friedman is an avid cigar connoisseur and would not put his name on a bad product.

As for the video review, I did not make it all the way through. In the future I would time lapse it and segment the cigar up 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 5/8's etc. This would give us about a five - seven minute video.

There aren't any rules against linking to reviews hosted offsite. We've had this happen before--and while I'm sure we'd all prefer not to have to click a link to read or see a review, the poster is free to add them. No one has to click on the link. I almost never click on outside links here unless the post has been reported and the content is questionable.

Also, this is a video review. Club Stogie doesn't host video.

If it looks to us like a particular poster is on here just trying to drum up interest in his site to make money, then I'm sure you'll find his posts being moved to the retailer section.

Watched the video. Props for putting in the effort. You might consider smoking it a lil slower. Power puffin a cigar makes it hard to appreciate what it has to offer. Had to laugh a couple times. The coughing and pained expression on inhale. No offense intended. It's cool that you did something like this.

How it is a review? Or a cigar related topic? All this person is saying is "look at what I did at my site" and using the popularity of CS to channel members over there. There is nothing of substance in that post, just a link! I don't mind when people post videos from other places, but take the time to write up a review. Dr Stogie Fresh is a good example, he actually posts content along with links, not just "visit my site" :BS.

Agreed, while Stogie Fresh and I knock heads now and then, he posts content here. Since we don't host video on CS, I would like it more if he said Hey we reviewed such and such in a video review. Give a brief synopsis of how they felt about the cigar, and then something like, for the full video review go to blahblah.com\cigar

Just one line shilling your website is not a review

I have never meant any disrepect nor would I use this forum to just promote my site. I provide this reviews because I enjoy doing them. I do have my own forums nor do I plan on having them. Also the point of what I did is a video based review, I don't do a written review with them. Not sure if that will change or not.

If the mods don't want me to do a direct post like this, then I will have no problem stopping. Just wanted to share something that I have done.

Thanks!

Agreed, while Stogie Fresh and I knock heads now and then, he posts content here. Since we don't host video on CS, I would like it more if he said Hey we reviewed such and such in a video review. Give a brief synopsis of how they felt about the cigar, and then something like, for the full video review go to blahblah.com\cigar

Just one line shilling your website is not a review

Thanks for the advice. I will remember that next time.

I have never meant any disrepect nor would I use this forum to just promote my site. I provide this reviews because I enjoy doing them. I do have my own forums nor do I plan on having them. Also the point of what I did is a video based review, I don't do a written review with them. Not sure if that will change or not.

If the mods don't want me to do a direct post like this, then I will have no problem stopping. Just wanted to share something that I have done.

Thanks!

Nothing wrong with what you posted.

Might consider putting a little background in the post vs just the link. Typed words are like balm for the itchy monkeys here. :D

Watched the video. Props for putting in the effort. You might consider smoking it a lil slower. Power puffin a cigar makes it hard to appreciate what it has to offer. Had to laugh a couple times. The coughing and pained expression on inhale. No offense intended. It's cool that you did something like this.

Thanks! I have to try and smoke a bit slower at times. I had not done a video review for a little while, so it was rough!

Back