La Aroma DE Cuba

FriendlyFire

Alpha Silverback
La Aroma DE Cuba, It was recomended to try at the B&M yesterday, He said its rolled by Pepin. I enjoyed that stick. Anyone else like it?

I like this brand. Very good cigar with a fair price tag. I prefer the tube, Marguis. I actually about picked one up today while grabbing some things at the L-Barn.

edited: I haven't even smoked one of these for some time so I need to fix that.

They are good smokes, but only the new edicion especial is being rolled in Pepin's factory in Nicaragua, the originals are rolled in Honduras. They are owned by Robert Levin, the same guy who owns Ashton, San Cristobal, and Holt's.

These are great cigars. Just smoked one of the robustos. It was fantastic. Definitely recommend these cigars to anyone. And yes they are a great price. Put a few away in the humi too.

The Pepin rolled ones are very similar to Cabaiguan and Tabacos Baez. Maybe a shade milder than those two but definitely a good smoke.

Just got these in the shop on Tuesday and I've smoked the belicoso(No.5) and the toro(No.3) already. Medium bodied cigar with some nice spiciness to them. Construction and burn on these were great.

These are great cigars. Just smoked one of the robustos. It was fantastic. Definitely recommend these cigars to anyone. And yes they are a great price. Put a few away in the humi too.

I agree. I've got a handful of Robustos left over from a box I got 2 years ago. I had one the other night and it was fantastic. They're good right away but time does amazing things for these because it seems that each one has been better than the last. My :2 :ss

I have a box of the following:

Corona - 5.5 x 44

that have been setting in the coolerdor since July 08, and are tasting pretty darn good at this time:ss

I picked up 6 of these (robusto's) to share with friends when we took my wife out for her birthday this summer.

We were out bar-hopping on a rented Duffy (small put-around boat) in the Newport harbor where you can pull up, dock & do a shot and then head to the next spot (I highly recommend it). We had a ton of fun and maybe it wasn't the ideal environment to have a good cigar (slightly windy & damp & did I say we were drinking a bit....:D) but I wasn't totally impressed by them.

I love the label and the lady's aroma was nice but the cigar itself wasn't memorable.

Bought a sampler from Holt's last year. Still have a couple left in the humi. They are ok at best. Kind of flat tasting to me.

I bought a 5er of the churchills off C-bid a month back and just lit up my first one. It had great flavor and was really digging it except the construction was the WORST I've ever experienced!!!! I can't tell you how much this thing tunneled :hn I've never had a cigar with a glowing ember at the foot not pull any smoke. You could see numerous black holes in the glowing ember. I attempted to rectify by cutting off the foot and starting over but it never got better. I ended up cutting twice. The burn was never straight or even close to straight. The tunneling was absolutely horrible. It completely ruined the experience. I'm hoping I got a bad stick because the flavor was great but the it was a chore just to smoke it.

Back