La Aurora - 100th Anniversary

Txdawg

Gorilla
Has anyone tried the 100 anniversary cigars from La Aurora? I have heard they are fantastic though a bit pricey. I have a friend in the Dominican Republic on business this week and was thinking he might be able to get me a better price.

Nope, haven't tried one of those, but I do have a La Aurora 1495 Churchill. Can you tell me anything about it before I give it a smoke?

Has anyone tried the 100 anniversary cigars from La Aurora? I have heard they are fantastic though a bit pricey. I have a friend in the Dominican Republic on business this week and was thinking he might be able to get me a better price.

You will not find them in the D.R., especially at a better price. I am sure the Fakes have not hit the streets of Santo Domingo yet for that cigar

I haven't but, on the recommendation of a guy at my B&M I bought one for a buddy of mine. He said it was better than the OpusX and didn't require a long time at rest before it was suiitable to smoke. I believed him and bought it for my friends birthday. Now I gotta get one for myself :D

You will not find them in the D.R., especially at a better price. I am sure the Fakes have not hit the streets of Santo Domingo yet for that cigar

Why do you say that? I know there are only 300K or so being produced but do you think they will only be available here online but not there

These smokes are discussed at length, from 2004 to the present in a review, of all the crazy things, in the NC REVIEW forum, of all the crazy places. Landmark cigar. Stellar. Drooler, all sizes. :dr How good are they? Matt bought a box.

Last edited:

Why do you say that? I know there are only 300K or so being produced but do you think they will only be available here online but not there in the DR?

Nope, haven't tried one of those, but I do have a La Aurora 1495 Churchill. Can you tell me anything about it before I give it a smoke?
I'm a big fan of the Cien Anos; the 1495 is a fine cigar but something of a shadow of its' 100 Anos cousin, IMO. YMMV.

Why do you say that? I know there are only 300K or so being produced but do you think they will only be available here online but not there in the DR?

Because quality cigars that are made in the Dominican Republic are for export only, they can't even be sold in the DR. Which means if you go to a cigar shop in the Dominican to get quality cigars they have often been shipped to the USA and re-imported to the Dominican. My experience has been that you can't find much of a deal in the Dominican unless you are just hoping to beat your state/local tax.

Because quality cigars that are made in the Dominican Republic are for export only, they can't even be sold in the DR. Which means if you go to a cigar shop in the Dominican to get quality cigars they have often been shipped to the USA and re-imported to the Dominican. My experience has been that you can't find much of a deal in the Dominican unless you are just hoping to beat your state/local tax.

Got it, thanks for the information.

I'm a big fan of the Cien Anos; the 1495 is a fine cigar but something of a shadow of its' 100 Anos cousin, IMO. YMMV.

Thanks for the response. It was free so I took it and am thinking that I will let it sit for a month or so in my humi and then fire it up.:)

I have one sitting in my humi right now. It was about $35, and I have yet to try one. From what I've heard, they're fantastic, though.

Thanks for the response. It was free so I took it and am thinking that I will let it sit for a month or so in my humi and then fire it up.:)
Free? Ooooo... that was a good day. It's much a sub-65% rh cigar. Too much H2O will doom this stogie. 65-70% will smoosh it, IMO. :2

Back