La Aurora 1495 Corona

Sanitariumite

Evolving Lead Gorilla
So I finally got a chance to try out this Aurora 1495 I got from Dan(DBall), and I've found one of my new favorites. I sat down with my math homework, and got started. I've still got a pretty undeveloped palate as far as naming flavors go, but I'll give it a shot anyways, lol. The wrapper looked great. No large veins, no faults, nice clean cap. I cut with my new xikar(for the first time. WOW what a difference from that $2 B&M guillotine I had...) and it cut perfectly. The pre-light draw was peppery, and it tasted green. That's the only way I can think to describe the flavor. I'm not sure if it was mossy, or grassy, it just tasted green. Either way, I loved it. So I lit up, and wow this thing really gives off some smoke! The pepper and "green" (I almost want to go with grassy on this one...) became really primary flavors, and I loved it. It was a pretty creamy too. As I got in to the 2/3rd the peppery taste subsided a bit, but there were still hints of spice in the finish. Towards the final third, the peppery flavor kicked right back in, and the grassiness started to subside. It also developed a richer flavor towards the final third. A nutty/woody flavor that worked really well with the spice. I did have some issues with the burn, but I think that was due to neglect(I really wanted to get the math done with) on my part, and not the cigar itself. Overall I give this a 9/10, and will definitely be looking to attain a "few" more of these. Thanks again Dan, this was absolutely fantastic.
Adam

Great review! No need to try and sell me on them, I'm a believer! You might try some of the larger ring gauges, the leather smoke really comes out with those. One of the best damn lines of cigars that i have sampled!

Nice one bro. Was I there when you were smoking it? I can't remember what the smell was like. All the ones you have been smoking with me recently have a very pleasant smell. But yeah, I should be out there soon man.

Nice one bro. Was I there when you were smoking it? I can't remember what the smell was like. All the ones you have been smoking with me recently have a very pleasant smell. But yeah, I should be out there soon man.
No, this was when you and Yoon left me. After we tried the Acid Wafe. I decided I was going to smoke it anyways, with or without you, and I'm so glad I did:ss.

Back