La Aurora Cien Anos Robusto

Papichulo

DIABLO CANOSO
Today I am reviewing the La Aurora Cien Anos Robusto 5 X 50 triple DR. I have waited a couple months to test drive this beauty. Pre-light aroma was exquisite and begged me to torch her up. The flavor was Corojo like with a creamy, nutty, full-bodied, long finish cigar. The construction was first tier with voluminous smoke and a grey-white ash that was outlined with an obsidian black in color line that separated the ash and unburned DR wrapper. IMHO, the band of this beauty was not of super-premium quality. I rate this cigar a solid nine on a 1 to 10 scale.

I found these smokes to be complex, but rather floral. They were good, but not in my top ten. I look forward to trying another one to see if my opinion changes.

This is a great smoke! I was gifted one of these by lenguamor and it was superb. These are a little pricey if purchased at the local B&M but would be a fantastic $8 stick. Great review!! :ss

YES!!! I looooove this smoke :) I´m glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully I´ll order a box of them some day. :ss

awesome review, havent tried one yet, but JUSt scored on a 4 pack of robusto's for 36$ so im satisfied, Now i just play the waiting game on aging these pup's. They are done making them so make your moves quick gentlemen!

I have not, but I will RUN and get one.

To bad you missed out on our get together last night down at Smokey Joe's. I took a 100 Anos Robusto down for Joe...

You have a firm date yet when your going to be back our way? The folks were asking about you.

John

in the last 24 hours, i have heard about this cigar at least 8 times. i really need to look into getting one. one of the magazines said it is on par with the top level padron, for much cheaper.

Well, I am going to have to disagree with the rest of you. This was an $11.00 band and a $0.95 cigar. Not very good at all. It was strong but it just had no flavor. It was like smoking dried hay. Maybe it was the mood or what I ate? I won't be trying again at that price.:2

Nice review. I wish these were a bit cheaper, they are a bit too pricey for me. I like your comment regarding the band.

Its nice to see another person appreciate the aesthetics (sp?) of a cigar. To me a quality smoke has visual as well as taste and smell appeal. Bands can literally make a cigar look more impressive and visually appealing, along with the wrapper and roll of course.

Although I also tend to find naked cigars, quite appealing too! ;)

in the last 24 hours, i have heard about this cigar at least 8 times. i really need to look into getting one. one of the magazines said it is on par with the top level padron, for much cheaper.

Not much cheaper at all, really, and a very different smoke than either the '64 or the '26, IMO. I should clarify, however; haven't smoked one of these yet, but I have a few resting. I did, however, smoke one of the Belicosos awhile back, and loved the flavor and strength. That said, I had AWEFUL burn issues with mine. Hopefully it was just a dud. More info to follow...

Back