La Aurora Preferidos Robusto

Coffee Grounds

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Size: 5 x 50
Shape: Robusto
Wrapper: Cameroon
Filler: Dom. Rep.
Binder: Dom. Rep.

I picked up a box of these recently and had smoke a handfull in the past.

This is a very well made cigar. The burn was nice and slow with no streaking.
The draw was a bit tight.
The flavor is bold but somewhat complex.
There are some reall nice base tones of coffee,wood & leather. The complex notes come through with spice and pepper and the balance is dam near perfect. The balance has perfect smoothness to it which I usally find in CC's.

I would give this cigar a 9 out of 10. Its that good.

I would even go as far to say this cigar is better than most of the CC's in the price range of $7-$10 atleast for me.

Absolutely an outstanding cigar. Looking at a future box purchase myself. Let's keep this our little secret though, we wouldn't want everyone buying these. :tu

Outstanding cigar.

The last of the '96 limited blend is in boxes, so once they're sold out that's the last of it.

La Aurora apparently is now going to make this vitola a regular part of the Preferidos line; but it'll be a new blend. That '96 is gone.

Thanks! I've tried these only with the Corojo wrapper and they're really good. Will have to pick up a few of the cameroons to try!

-Ken

Outstanding cigar.

The last of the '96 limited blend is in boxes, so once they're sold out that's the last of it.

I am really sorry to learn this. I tried several of these from my local B&M and each was excellent. The first box I acquired after getting a cabinet humidor was the Preferido robusto. Not only are they great cigars, they are inexpensive compared to others in the line.

Outstanding cigar.

La Aurora apparently is now going to make this vitola a regular part of the Preferidos line; but it'll be a new blend. That '96 is gone.

I heard that also & stocked up on 3 boxes, I like how they are tied in cloth just like the old habanos. They are tremendous smokes, I prefer them to their "Cien Anos" line.

Back