La Flor de Murias Epicure

smokin5

Alpha Silverback
A Search on this site showed absolutely NO reviews for this cigar.

Full name of this brand is La Flor de Jose Suarez Murias y Ca, but it goes by the shortened moniker "La Flor de Murias".
Made by Cigars By Santa Clara in Santiago, Dominican Republic.
5-1/2 x 50 ring
Conneticut Shade wrapper (also comes in Maduro)
Dominican & Mexican filler
Mexican binder

I think it is only sold through JR Cigars, but I could be mistaken.
Price: $45/box of 20.
A friend of mine was gifted a box & he shared several sticks with me.
Now that I've had 3 of them, I thought I'd share my thoughts.

It comes individually wrapped in white tissue paper (black paper for Maduros). A light to medium brown wrapper, nicely capped. Slight spongy feel to it. The draw is very easy, however, providing lots of pleasant smoke, and the burn remains fairly even throughout.

Very mild in body, but offering flavors of nutty sweet toast & florals, leaving a nice buttery feel in the mouth..
16icphw.jpg

About 1-1/2" in, it picks up a touch of woodiness on exhale, retaining the buttery mouthfeel. The ash is light gray, very flaky & speckled with dots.
aypoci.jpg

The second third tends to be less sweet, with predominent tastes of toast, floral & wood, and the creamy feel of the smoke continues.
2z4w87l.jpg

The last third requires a few purges to keep the sharp charcoal bite at bay, but other than that, the flavors remain fairly consistent.
b7geg0.jpg

wbx6bm.jpg

Overall, a very mild & pleasant cigar. Perfect with early morning coffee. Mild enough for a newbie or occasional smoker, but flavorful enough to keep a more experienced person happy, as well. I'd put them somewhere between "above a 5 Vegas Gold" to "less than an El Rey del Mundo".
I would recommend these to anyone who like milder smokes.:tu
rwjwoj.jpg

Back