La Flor Dominicana L400 Oscuro

Danimal

CS Cog
I've tried every cigar now in the Oscuro Ligero line and must say this is 2nd best. It started off rather bland and earthy, but developed some creaminess and a touch of pepper. The finish was very short and dry, which makes me spit a lot and take continuous sips of whatever I'm drinking. In the middle it got an even richer, cream flavor to it (nice), but again the finish continued to be dry and left a smokey flavor. While the flavor was great, the finish killed it. It was fairly strong as well, giving me a slight buzz, but I had a very small meal beforehand. Unlike the L500, which I found to be flavorful and the L300, which was very peppery and spicy with a tangy beginning, this one was a mix of both flavors. Rather one-dimensional. Perfect draw, nice aroma and even burn. I would try this line again, but would gravitate to the L500 instead. Dominican cigars usually have never really impressed me, aside from the Anejo.

nice review! I tend to enjoy all the LFD cigars too... I had been on a pretty decent LG kick for a while there.

HOLY HELL! just had one tonight.. caught me offguard... one heck of a buzz!
havent had one like this in ages, not sure why exactly, but i did rush it near the end, good squeeze.. but just felt strange....
i read into the cigar, and i guess i found out its a fake oscuro wrapper, the company made it out of a guess a reguler sumatra wrapper to have the char. of a oscuro, but not the price.. they added sweeteners like the actual wrapper had, really wierd if someone would like to shed more light... but damn.. i really was hit hard, heads just a'spinnin didnt help that its late etc but...wow haha.
S.T- ( sorry if i seem a little- Out- of it lol this was is still giving me the googely's)

I know you're talking about the Ligero line, but they make a Double Ligero Lancero Oscuro Natural that's 7.5 x 39 and is a really great smoke...If you like their Oscuro's, and you're fininshed with the Ligero line anyway...you should try one of the Lanceros...

I guess they're made for Mr. Gomez and not carrired everywhere...nice flavor, nice buzz...that 39 rg is tough for me to get used to, though...

just a suggestion for you.

jag

I know you're talking about the Ligero line, but they make a Double Ligero Lancero Oscuro Natural that's 7.5 x 39 and is a really great smoke...If you like their Oscuro's, and you're fininshed with the Ligero line anyway...you should try one of the Lanceros...

I guess they're made for Mr. Gomez and not carrired everywhere...nice flavor, nice buzz...that 39 rg is tough for me to get used to, though...

just a suggestion for you.

jag

very true.. thats why i was mentioning it with the L400 line, its not a TRUE oscuro.. it was treated to make it sweeter like the original etc. for the price.. i guess you cant complain but it is VERY 1 dimensional

Nice review - only had a couple LFDs,
but all of them have been fantastic.

Have yet to try a Maduro yet.. sounds yummy.
Thanks for the review.
:tu

I'm curious to the "secret process" for curing the Oscuro Natural wrappers...all I can find online is this article...

http://www.thecigarwrapper.com/archive/cigars/la_flor_oscuro_especial.html

Just thought if Danimal liked the Oscuro Ligero line and has tried them all, he might enjoy the Lancero...

Happy Smoking.

jag

Review Notes: I really wanted to like this cigar..........crap crap crap crap crap crap crapity crap-crap-overpriced C-R-A-P!!!!!!!!!!!One dimensional flavor, (and not a good dimension to be in), smoke was very harsh, (more to breathe in, then to taste) I had to take it outside, not because it stunk (which it did) but because it stung my nose to breathe. Apparently after doing some research here at Top25cigar; this "Oscuro Natural" is a Natural wrapper "processed" (in the words of the owner of the company) to make it look like an aged Oscuro (which BTW does NOT)..."it give's it a sweet flavor too"). So we have a flavored cigar with an artificial wrapper, masquerading around in a premium-priced suit! THIS IS A CRUEL JOKE PLAYED ON CIGAR SMOKERS!!! buyer beware. I simply can't smoke these, and I'm even having a hard time giving them away.

( saw that on top25 ;) ) and after smoking one, it makes alot of sense

Back