La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurados!

Guitarman-S.T-

...Got Metal?
This was the mini one btw.
Anyway.. its been MONTHS sense i have found a cigar deserving a review, and while im not sure why this one i am going to... i just thought the quality of the smoke.. well it was needed haha.

Right off the bat... it was tight draw... There goes The custom draw poker's ;)
you have no IDEA how many i have saved with these things.. they are amazing! Anyways i think i shoudl mention i have had a hell of a time with my humi's. they have been very high 60's steadily, and recently all smokes have been getting to bitter, all very tight draw... they crack, and have a tendancy to go out if i dont smoke it fast enough.. but if i do... it gets to hot.. all in all TO MUCH HUMI! so lately ive been trying to dry out my humi's a bit trying to get them at a 60% then letting them work up to 65% tops. HOpefully this will help in the future.

The main thing i just point out.. if there has been one stick single handedly that could lay me right out on my a$$... it would have been this pup! though small, this thing packs huge flavor, and HUGE amounts of smoke right off the bat... as soon as i light the tiny tip it was flowing with smoke, so wow... i was in for a ride. Pretty steady flavor, to me it was more of the basic LGC serie R taste ( maduro) because well.. it was a kick in the rear end. i was very pleased on the amounts of solid smoke, and steady classic LGC flavor, it was just the burn issue... and everything that comes with an over humidified cigar... it damaged the experience slightly.... but i still could enjoy it.

with everything being said i will still seek for another to try again, cause i gotta see what these things are at there full potential, but all in all... it was the classic LGC kick that i started to love ever sense the first one i tried.
( a week into starting cigars i screwed up... bought the big LGC serie R maduro beast, light it up while playing some poker.. WOW... set me right down haha perhaps the few inhales that i didnt pay much attention to help aid in that effect but, its been a rush ever sense ;) )

S.T-

I smoked my last from a 5 pack this weeked that was about 9 months old. I agree it is a great smoke with plenty of it.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for these or snag some from my buddy... Thanks for the review! :ss

i was very pleased on the amounts of solid smoke, and steady classic LGC flavor, it was just the burn issue... and everything that comes with an over humidified cigar... it damaged the experience slightly.... but i still could enjoy it.

Have you ever tried dryboxing your cigars prior to smoking? Opinions vary, but pulling your cigar-to-be-sacrificed out of the humi anywhere from 20 min to an hour before smoking might improve your experience--provided your home/ambient room RH isn't super high. Know what you mean about an overhumidified cigar though...doh!

Nice review, btw.

bought the big LGC serie R maduro beast, light it up while playing some poker.. WOW... set me right down haha perhaps the few inhales that i didnt pay much attention to help aid in that effect but, its been a rush ever sense ;) )

S.T-

Yeah, man, those #6 and #7 R's pull like freaking freight trains. The #6 was one of my first mondo RG cigars and it taught me a very important lesson: puff just once a minute, no more! If you can get your hands on the 2005 or 2006 Limitada, you'll be in LGC heaven!

Thanks for the review. Personally not a huge fan of NC LGC's although I do enjoy one on occasion, have to be in the right mood though.

I use the dry box method sort of, I always take my smoke out 4 or 5 hours before sparking it up. On the thin RG's I'll dry box for a day or more before smoking really seems to help the burn issues associated with thin RG

the LGC RF's are one of my favorites-thanks to Dgar for turning me on to them-he was kind enough to send some from '05, & damn good stuff-i can't relate them to the serie r's, different beast IMO-was your RF a maddie maybe?-the ones i had were nats, similiar to a LGC, but creamier, smoother, little bit of spice every now & again-have started putting back $ for a box

I love the little LGC RFs. The one I had recently was straight from the B&M and the burn was perfect. I also managed to score a buy 2 get 1 free on the big Regalias Perfectos a few weeks ago at another store. Letting those rest a while. I find the taste to be very similar to the Serie R line, but perhaps a little gentler or smoother.

Thanks for the review.

Sorry to hear about the tight draw.. That is actually one of the things I really enjoy about the LGC RF, it usually has a very easy draw, which I like.

Dont give up on them, and best of luck keeping those stogies at the right humidity.

Back