La Riqueza by Pete Johnson

rack04

Addie's Daddy
Anyone else REALLY looking forward to this new cigar from Pete Johnson and Pepin?

La Riqueza:
Straight to business at hand. Off to the office area where Pete explained the packaging of his new brand, La Riqueza. A factory manager came up with some freshly rolled sticks to taste. They were La Riqueza. I had to stop for a moment and remind myself where I was. Between the jet lag, the excitement of the day to this point, and the fact that a new product was being handed to me to taste with Pete, Pepin and Jaime ... I thought a flight attendant was going to wake me up at any minute. But I was here, in Esteli, lighting what looked like the most beautiful stick in the factory. A dark, Connecticut broadleaf wrapper (first time it is being used in the factory) encased what smelled like a cigar lover's heaven. "We're going to try a couple of different versions of this so I can make sure the blend I did last month is the right one for this cigar", explained Pete.

We did smoke many La Riqueza sticks over the next 24 hours. All I can say is that this brand is going to be hot. It's blended for the aficianado. The wrapper gives it strength and flavor and the blend is rich and complex. The name is an old Cuban brand from the 1930's. It will be traditionally box pressed in dress boxes (I saw the art for the boxes - it's beautiful - from the original artwork). Hopefully available before RTDA this year in 5 vitolas.

http://newhavanacigars.blogspot.com/

No.1 - 6 1/2 x 42 (lonsdale or cervantes)
No.2 - 5 1/2 x 52 (belicoso fino)
No.3 - 5 5/8 x 46 (corona gorda)
No.4 - 5 x 48 (robusto or hermoso)
No.5 - 4 3/8 x 42 (petit corona or minuto)

More than anything! Any idea on a release date yet? I'm wondering if this line had anything to do with the Padilla split for Pepin?

More than anything! Any idea on a release date yet? I'm wondering if this line had anything to do with the Padilla split for Pepin?

The blog said: 'Hopefully available before RTDA this year in 5 vitolas.'

RTDA? Hmmm...

I have high hopes for this. I haven't been into the hobby very long, but the two peppins I had were great smokes. Nothing but anticipation for what will come out.

So many cigars, so little time. I had better get to smoking some old ones before all the new ones hit the market. Don't forget the Tatuaje Black Label intro is also coming up.:pp

I like that the sizes are mostly <50 RG. I prefer the thinner smokes. I'm looking forward to trying these.

I hope these turn out to be something special and different for Tatuaje and Pepin. Honestly, I'm not very excited about Tatuaje or Pepin. So many of the blends are starting to taste the same for me.

I hope these turn out to be something special and different for Tatuaje and Pepin. Honestly, I'm not very excited about Tatuaje or Pepin. So many of the blends are starting to taste the same for me.

I'm begining to agree.

I find the Cabaiguan line to be very different than the Tatuaje line, so I'd think Pete's 3rd line would be something different.

Back