La Riqueza No 3

Boom

Maturing Primate
Ok here goes my first review sorry no pics due to batteries were dead from our week end trip to Santa Cruz. And to go with this a glass of Sandeman Porto

Pre-light: A beautiful dark chocolate colored Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. With a box press shape to it. Full of veins. Triple cap, what else for a Pepin. Very Earthy and woody aroma.

Smoking: This cigar had a very easy draw almost too easy. It produced a great amount of smoke. Strong spice right off the bat. Now for the burn, it needed 2 touch-ups, it burned a till off to one side, I tried to let it work it self out on both occasions but no luck. The burn was slow but on the HOT side which made this smoke very soft. The wrapper held very well no runs or splitting. The ash was a whitish with brown spots though out. The ash stayed put waiting for me too ash.

Taste: This was a med to full-bodied smoke. Never did it become harsh. It started out with a full and earthy spice flavor. It them moved down a bit and more into a peppery/tobacco flavor. The flavor stayed consistent from here to the nub with a hint of cinnamon just once. A very pleasant aroma trough out the smoke. The only down side was after lighting this smoke became very soft, too soft. At this point it became hot. :ss

Conclusion: This isn’t one of the best but by far not the worst. I would say it was a good smoke. It was a very soft smoke, reminded me of a swisher sweet, very soft and smoked hot. Could be that these are still a bit on the green side and could benefit from a few more months of aging, or like most Tats needs to be on the dry side. I’ll let the others I have age a bit longer and get back to these. If you like spicy cigars than this one is for you. Any Tat or Pepin fan at all will truly enjoy this smoke. As with any Pepin the construction was top notch, I was kinda nice to see a box press on a Pepin. I can’t wait to smoke more of these ….

Final Grade: 8.9/10 :tu

Thanks for the review. I've been waiting for my local B&M to get them in. I may have to do an Internet buy on a sampler pack.

Nice review... Spot on, IMHO.. I had the #3 yesterday and I am smoking the #5 now, and they are both good.. For those interested, Mike at www.leafandale.com has sampler 5 packs for good prices.
Scott

How can you compare a DPG blend with that of the dreadful Swisher, The La Riqueza is a wonderful cigar. I have smoked many already and have enjoyed them to the fullest. But each palate is different I suppose. Enjoy your swishers.

How can you compare a DPG blend with that of the dreadful Swisher, The La Riqueza is a wonderful cigar. I have smoked many already and have enjoyed them to the fullest. But each palate is different I suppose. Enjoy your swishers.

Only due to the softness of the smoke but in no other fashion, I hope DPG isnt offended, :confused:

They are good smokes, prefer the reds but wouldn't toss a Riqueza out of the humi :)

Thanks for a nice review on the #3 Boom. Haven't smoked one of the La Riqueza sticks yet. Just having a tough time dealing with a $9.99 price tag plus local sales tax at the local B&M in Stevenson Ranch. I simply refuse to pay it...:mad:

Just smoked one of these last night. Black Pepper right off the bat, but no nicotine buzz. It had a good amount of flavor to back up the spice as well. It almost reminded me of a Spicy Padron 1964 Maduro.

Back