La Rosa Especial

Commander Quan

The Cheese stands alone
Can anyone tell me about these cigars? I was gifted one by a member here back in 2003, and came across it today digging through my humidor. The cigar is tissue wrapped and has angels on the band. The only thing I've been able to find out in my search is that they blend has changed around '06 and they seamed to be priced at around $50 a box, which would lead my to believe they weren't extremely popular.

LaRosa.jpg

The only thing I've been able to find out in my search is that they blend has changed around '06

Aww man. Sorry to hear they changed their blend. I used to love LREs. They were fuerte before fuerte was cool. I wouldn't guess anything with their price point. They were produced & sold at JRs, where everything was in the $50-70 range. Singles were $4.

From what I remember, they packed a nice punch. Very cinnamon-y. With 5 years of age, that should be very good. The JR ads used to use the old Charles Atlas ads, where some guy gets sand kicked on him at the beach by a bully, he smokes a LRE, then beats up the bully.

Enjoy that baby.

The original LR's (like you have) are much better than the new ones.

They were originally billed as a super strong cigar but have mellowed into something very pleasurable. Smoke it up.

Can anyone tell me about these cigars? I was gifted one by a member here back in 2003, and came across it today digging through my humidor.

That stick ought to be aged out pretty good CQ. Thats about 5 yrs sitting around in your humi.

You can pick-up a 5er of the LA ROSA ESPECIAL PIQUIN 5x50 ringers at JR's right now for $10.50. I think thats a great price to try out the alleged new blend for yourself, and, you'll probably enjoy them too...:ss

Great cigars, the maduro was better than the H-2000 version but I loved them both and went through tons of them while they were on closeout.

Back