La Tradicion Cabinet Series Perdomo Reserve X Maduro...what a mouthful

AAlmeter

HOT for HILLARY!!
First off, I am biased. I have had many problems with Perdomo's quality, even in the eXtremes that they do for CAO (everyone who has had the eXtreme lancero can attest to this, Im sure). That being said, after the first inch, this one started canoeing on me. Two touch ups and we were back in business, with a relatively good burn the rest of the way.

Aside from that, this is a beautiful looking cigar. It is a dark box pressed torpedo that is covered with very fine tooth and light veining.

It had a great draw with plenty of smoke and it held its ash forever.

On to the taste: a hint of sweetness in this with a very interesting and pleasant flavor. There is something in this cigar that I sets it apart but I cant put a finger on it...I like it though. It started off a bit vegetal, but not at all unpleasant (odd, huh?).

This has definitely reopened the door for me with perdomo.

Great Review, I smoked about 4 different Perdomo Reserve sizes and styles this past month just to see what all the hubbub was about. The X maduro was one I found to be quite good too. The other of which I still have a few left of is the Reserve Rosado #5. I think it edges out the Maduro just by my preference. That's my 1/2 of .000005 % of a cent on that!:w

I find that Perdomo makes a whole range of different cigars covering a wide price range. (IMHO) I have found that the high end, more expensive, lines to have a lot more character & flavor, better presentation & burn, etc... (such as the Estate Selection) than most of their lower end (a lot of which are crap).

Glad to see that you enjoyed your cigar so much. Just made my mouth water thinking about that one. Well, it is my day off and I've just slated for myself one to smoke later on. Mmm!

Thanks for the review and the reminder of just how good some domestics can be.

MoTheMan

Thank YOU Mo. Actually the worst burn Ive had on a perdomo was on their estate selection aristocrat. i think they used asbestos for half the wrapper or something. burned right up one side, and didnt even touch the other. thats the cigar that ended my relationship with perdomo over a year ago.

Ive been emailing back and forth with Nick Perdomo the past few days and, while very apologetic about any bad experiences I have had, he does not seem to recognize any construction problems they have. I realize he may just want to keep this quiet, but between the horrible burns I have had on the Estate Selection and some eXtremes to the constantly plugged eXtreme lanceros, I think the cat is already out of the bag.

Nick is a really nice guy though and wants to make it up to me with some free sticks....something I can never argue with. I just hope he straightens everything out because I like the taste of a lot of their stuff.

I can honestly say, that I have never found a Perdomo product that I enjoyed. The CAO Anni maduros(Don Douglas) used to be my favorite smoke and now that Torano is rolling those maybe I'll give them another try. Nothing personal against Perdomo, just not my cup of tea.

Back