La Vieja Habana Early Years Silencio

Danimal

CS Cog
I know I said I would take a smoking break, but hopefully after tonight. I wanted so badly to try this smoke b/c it was short. Won in SeanGAR's contest last week. What a nice little smoke!

I'm into the Nicaraguan tobacco profile so I enjoyed it very much. I was even more impressed that I guessed it was Nicaraguan while I smoked it. Appearance wise this cigar was so-so. Dry, toothy cigar with hardly any veins. Lighting it up, it wasn't impressive at first but then the nutty, spicy taste really kicked in. It was consistently this flavor with more spice added along the way. Reminded me of a CAO Piranha, which I love, but less exotic in flavor. The burn was nicely even and slow. At times I thought it would start to drift but it caught up well. This cigar was fairly strong as well... gave me a pleasant buzz without the sickness. The ash was white and a bit flaky, but it held well because the construction was pretty tight. The draw was a bit tight and I had to take two pre-draws, as opposed to one, before my final draw and letting the smoke out.

I don't know how much these go for or if this is the one discontinued cigar that SeanGAR talked about, but these are a great cigar to have assuming the price is right. Very impressed.

DKim81 said:
I know I said I would take a smoking break, but hopefully after tonight. I wanted so badly to try this smoke b/c it was short. Won in SeanGAR's contest last week. What a nice little smoke!

I'm into the Nicaraguan tobacco profile so I enjoyed it very much. I was even more impressed that I guessed it was Nicaraguan while I smoked it. Appearance wise this cigar was so-so. Dry, toothy cigar with hardly any veins. Lighting it up, it wasn't impressive at first but then the nutty, spicy taste really kicked in. It was consistently this flavor with more spice added along the way. Reminded me of a CAO Piranha, which I love, but less exotic in flavor. The burn was nicely even and slow. At times I thought it would start to drift but it caught up well. This cigar was fairly strong as well... gave me a pleasant buzz without the sickness. The ash was white and a bit flaky, but it held well because the construction was pretty tight. The draw was a bit tight and I had to take two pre-draws, as opposed to one, before my final draw and letting the smoke out.

I don't know how much these go for or if this is the one discontinued cigar that SeanGAR talked about, but these are a great cigar to have assuming the price is right. Very impressed.

Galaga turned me onto these. Quiet an enjoyable short smoke. Unfortunately, they are discontinued. I try and keep my eye open for them at "Satan's Playhouse". When available, they go for around $10-$15 for a fiver.

I got one of these from icehog in the NST and I really liked these a lot and thought it burned really slow for a smaller cigar. The taste was great and it was strong. It kicked my butt bigtime and I think I like a medium to full bodied smoke. Too bad it's discontiued.

I like pretty much all of the LVH Early Years line. Solid cigars, imo. I'm disappointed to learn that the Silencio is discontinued--I didn't know that.

You know, I really liked these sticks. Best cigar DE ever made imho. It's a shame they are discontinued. The new LVH is nowhere near as good as these were.

I have one of these left that Im saving. Too bad the Red Velvet's dont taste like them....got a whole damn box of those... :rolleyes:

I like all of the La Vieja Havana too! The Early years are a little stronger than the brevas and I had my very first Leather Patch recently thanks to a very special Xmo!! It was simply DIVINE!! I loved it! I would love to buy another box of Brevas sometime because they are so affordable!! But thats not going to happen for some time.. My wife has let me do a little splurging cause my bday is comin up next week and I dont think she'll let me fill my humidor anymore..

Glad I bought a few boxes of this great sleeper from the Devil. After I sent him a few SeanGar was buying up every lot that hit the blocks so I stopped bidding against him. ;)

Its a real shame when such good cigars get discontinued, except for the fact you get 'em for 1/3 or less than the original price.. :w

-Matt-

mmmm had my last one from Sean last night.. great once again. I wanted to smoke this to decide whether to purchase from the link Peter posted... the verdict: Yes

BTW This smoke should not be had on an empty stomach. My head was a-spinnin' b/c I smoked it 5 hours after dinner.

icehog3 said:
If you need someone Daniel, I'll split it with you....
I was wondering how long it would take you to chime in on this one, Tom.
I may have to talk to the OBDG about a split. He likes 'em, too.

Thanks for the mikescigars suggestion! I love these things, I got one from Franksmith once and loved it but I found out they were discontinued :(

Edit: I bought two boxes :p

Well it seems that Mikecigars is all out :( Just got an email from them.

Does anyone know another place that is cheap like mikescigars was?

Back