La Vieja Habana Leather Patch Habano 54 Robusto

Papichulo

DIABLO CANOSO
This morning I am enjoying another Borndead gift, La Vieja Habana Leather Patch Habano 54 Robusto (5 x 54). Filler and binder are Nicaraguan wrapped in an “Adobe” Ecuadorian leaf. Pre-light aroma was mild and the first inch was bland. After the first inch nuts and cream tantalized my tongue and large volumes of white-grey smoke filled the room. The draw was medium-loose and medium-bodied in flavor with an even burn. The finish was leathery. I smoked this just shy of one hour. Out of all the Drew Estate smokes Borndead gave me I would have to say this was my favorite. I forgot to mention the last third spiced up for a nice finish. You can pick up boxes of these guys for around $80 for a box of 24 if you shop around. That works out to be a little more then $4 per stick.

Last edited:
Fine review. Was this short filler like the other LVHs? I suppose I could look this up.:rolleyes: At $4/stick, seems more upscale than others in the brand.

Dude

Nice review. I scored a 5er from devil's for about $7 and if the damn weather in the North East (COLD:confused: ) cooperates I should be trying them soon.

Back