Labeling Cigars

elderboy02

SilverBack
Ok, so I got a box of CC cigars and I have some blank cigar bands. What do you all write on your bands?

I presume the box code?

Does anyone have pictures that they can share?

Thanks!

Ok, so I got a box of CC cigars and I have some blank cigar bands. What do you all write on your bands?

I presume the box code?

Thanks!

If it was me, I'd keep them in the box and never worry about it - sounds like a big pain for no gain. If you're only keeping part of the box (for whatever reason that might happen), then I'd write what the smoke is and the year. Box codes are bologna, so I'd typically just write "Guantanamera Cristales 97" or whatever on the blank band. If you're planning on keeping them for the short term rather than the long, then the month might be applicable as well. Marca, Vitola and Year are good enough for me. But only if out of the box.

I presume the box code?

Thanks!

Dan,

What is the point of this? You have one single box, not hundreds to sort through. The best place for your cigars are in their box and in proper humidity. The only thing taking the cigars out of the box, re-banding them, and putting them back in the box will do is waste your time.

Leave them in the box and put them in a humidor and forget about them. RASCC need to lay for a while IMO anyways.

Leave them in the box and put them in a humidor and forget about them. RASCC need to lay for a while IMO anyways.[/quote]

I agree, the only thing I might put on a label is the date you put them in the Humi.

If you have a full box, leave them in there. - No labeling neccessary.

If you're labeling singles, I usually put the date and vitola (if I can't tell by a quick glance) and maybe who I got it from. :tu

I agree with Bengalman and Patrick.

I never label them if they're in the box, I will write the box code in sharpie on the bottom though, because the stamp tends to fade.

Once you get to a point where you have a bunch of CC boxes with like 4,5, or say 6, I take 'em out, blank band them with year and box code, and put them in one box with others, seal it, and toss it in the back of the humi. I have a monte#2 box with about 5-6 types of different sticks I will open up much later on down the road.

That's how I use 'em. But I don't bother if I have the sticks in the box they came in. Saves on space for me; more room to put new boxes!

I use a Brother P-Touch to label the blank bands... from there you can put pretty much anything you want on it.

Here's what I typically use:
(Brand) (Size Name)
(Size) (RG) - (Date / Box Code)

:ss

Thanks for the help guys. I just noticed that sometimes when I get 'gars from other people, they are labeled.

I appreciate folks who do that, and try to do the same if I can. Generally speaking I know the details of whats in my humi, so only label them if they're going out to someone. The year is usually the only item I note, unless there is something unique about them, in which case I'll note it.

As an aside, I am a photo junkie and tend to use photos for keeping track of things.

pretty much what the fellers are saying. i only feel labels are necassary when it is a loose stick that has been given to you or traded, etc. that way you know what it is later on down the road.
i would put:
[brand] [vitola] [boxcode/date]
and that's that.
:tu

Back