Labels and Cello on, Cello off

txdyna65

Boli Puto
Many of you have gotten bombs from me, or gifts and have asked me to post this info many times, but Ive been lazy, so here it finally is. It may be a little bit of overkill, but its what I do.

If I get a box of cigars or singles and they have cello on them, they get left that way, other than me printing a label with the cigar info on it and the date I got it, if its a gift, I also put the persons name on it. I use a Brothers P-Touch label maker and its the perfect size for this job.

labeling003.jpg

Uncelloed sticks get wrapped in a thin sheet of tissue paper and the same label put on it. The kind of tissue paper you get for putting with gifts and such around christmas. A bit anal maybe, but when Im rumminging around I wont damage the sticks or get oils or whatever else from my hands on them. Plus I can tell at a glance the age and what exactly the stick is.

labeling006.jpg

Last but not least, if the box of cigars are uncelloed, I put a band on one or more of the sticks inside the box and leave them there. I use the little bands you can get from group buys or from cigarmony or heartfelt. This also helps identify the age of the cigars in the box and if Im sending them out to someone, they will know what they are getting from me. If its a gift from someone I put their name on it, so later when I smoke it Ill know who gave me the wonderful cigar, or dog rocket if thats the case :bn

labeling004.jpg

There are many different ways to accomplish all this and yes it can be time consuming sometimes and I dont always do it right away, but eventually it gets done. Besides smoking them its my hobby and Im gonna enjoy it :D I got the idea of the tissue paper from El Rey Del Mundo NCs and the Brothers P-Touch label maker from a thread here on CS. Do what you like with yours, its all a matter of preference anyways. Hope this helps someone. Im gonna go smoke my HDM Le Hoyo des dieux now and relax.

Last edited:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah.........KEYWORD......ANAL!!!...........blah blah blah blah blah....................blah blah blah blah blah....................blah blah blah blah blah.........:r

:r just for that Im wrapping 3 cremosas and 2 fighting cocks in tissue....label them as Padron 1926 Annis and send them to you for your Birthday :tg :D

:r just for that Im wrapping 3 cremosas and 2 fighting cocks in tissue....label them as Padron 1926 Annis and send them to you for your Birthday :tg :D

:r:r:r

You are one of a kind my man.............one of a kind!!!! :r:r:r

Looks like I'll have to check on my neighbors pups again!! :r

Kenny..

Thanks for sharing a bit of your style with us. !! Great choice of smoke. Enjoy that DesDieux.

great info Kenny :)
speaking of dog rockets I sent some out :hn yesterday I tried another el padrino :pu all those that received those let me know.

hahah, youi said "cocks" and "tissue" in the same sentence. :)

I've thought about doing something similar -- at least labelling date/place (and maybe price), or who I got them from. I'm a little wary about trying it now, w/ around 400 sticks. Although I do know the approximate dates for all of them, and have kept them fairly well organized so that I know what is what.

Nice work Kenny just don't end up like this guy.
:r

MrMonk-749159.jpg

I bet he would love to inspect your humidor.;)

CBF:w

I don't even want to know how he would re-arrange my humi. Tony Shalhoub does a great job playing Monk. And his assistant, Natalie... There's something about her that just makes me say "Wow!"

Great post Kenny! I've "heard" that those tissue wrapped sticks are easier to get lit if you just leave the paper on and light it instead. Seems to take right off!:tu:r
Seriously though, I wish I could be as meticulous as you are because I am bad about tossing sticks in the humi without any labels whatsoever. I can't remember when I got them, and am constantly having to look sticks up online to identify the particulars of them.

Kenny... My Dad could go one-up on your analism... He actually keeps a computer database on the cigars that I gift him, including remarks on flavor, body, etc. What can I say? He's an 82-year-old "geek!"

I, myself, use the Neanderthal System... A red "Sharpie," marking month and year on the cello. When rummaging through the coolerdors, this leaves me in a state of "organized chaos," which I find rather appealing. I love surprises!!

Thanks for the post Kenny. I'm using labels from Heartfelt. You gave me some ideas though. I don't know if I have the time for tissue paper though. :)

Great Post, I think I am going to have to consider doing that. When I received my trade from rockyr, it made identifying the sticks all that easier.

Back