lacquered boxes

lenguamor

Gorila Cabrón
Recently I've bought a couple boxes of Patels and one of La Perla, none of which I'd bought in boxes before. They're very nice boxes, but the smell of lacquer coming off them is strong...anyone know anything about storing these? I'd hate to have them impart that odor to my humi stock.

I have the same with my OPUS 22, its really strong.....almost noxious......

Im also am curious about this......

If you can smell lacquer, I wouldn't put the box in your humi as you'll transfer the smell to all the cigars in humi. Take the cigars out of their boxes and place them in your humi.:2

If you can smell lacquer, I wouldn't put the box in your humi as you'll transfer the smell to all the cigars in humi. Take the cigars out of their boxes and place them in your humi.:2

My gut tells me you're right...but I was hoping not, because I have zero drawer space for loose stock right now, and 3 boxes is a lot to accommodate in temporary quarters.

Damn...what an idiotic thing for a cigar manufacturer to do!

If you just got them, leave them in their boxes but don't put them in the humi. They should be okay for awhile the way they came. Let the boxes air for abit, closed of course, just check on the smell day to day. Might not take to long for the smell to disapate.

If you just got them, leave them in their boxes but don't put them in the humi. They should be okay for awhile the way they came. Let the boxes air for abit, closed of course, just check on the smell day to day. Might not take to long for the smell to disapate.

I'll do that, thanks.

Just to be safe, I'll put a humi-pack in each box.

Back