Last night's bounty

hoosier

ChestBeater
Last night, the family and I went shopping and I stopped at a B&M that I had only been to one other time. I was specifically looking for some Opus', but they didn't have any in stock. I ended up getting 2 AF Best Sellers, my first AF King B, an Oliva Serie O, a Padron 6000 (for only $5!), an Excalibur Dark Knight III and the owner gave me the sales pitch on a new cigar line he just got in, General Cigar's "601" line. Here's a little about them: http://cigar-review.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=434&Itemid=39
The owner said they are full-bodied, but very smooth. I'm looking forward to giving it a try after it sits a while in my humi.

cigar_joel said:
I have been looking friggin everywhere for a king b, what B&M do you shop at.
Last night's trip was to Allegheny Smokeworks in Blawnox, PA. It's just outside of Pittsburgh. He had a freshly opened box of them. I'm thinking that I should've bought a couple more.

donp said:
A successful shopping trip! Those 601's look interesting.
The owner was raving about the 601s. Of course, it could've just been the pitch of a good salesman, in which case it worked, but I'm always up for something new. When I told him I liked the RP Edges, he recommended the 601 as something that is full-bodied, but smooth. BTW, he had two boxes of the "new" Edges with the bands. Same price as before, so the bands don't add anything but aesthetics to the sticks.

68TriShield said:
A 6000 for a fiver IS a very good B&M price.Nice looking sample pack...
No doubt a good deal! It was the B&M's "cigar of the week". They had them at the counter and as I was checking out, I saw it. I told the owner that in addition to his good sales pitch on the 601s, he got a "point of purchase" sale from me on the 6000. Should have picked up more of them, too.

hoosier said:
The owner was raving about the 601s. Of course, it could've just been the pitch of a good salesman, in which case it worked, but I'm always up for something new. When I told him I liked the RP Edges, he recommended the 601 as something that is full-bodied, but smooth. BTW, he had two boxes of the "new" Edges with the bands. Same price as before, so the bands don't add anything but aesthetics to the sticks.

Yeah the new little bands at the foot are part of their new labeling campaign. I didn't mind at all the old bare look, and that little band at the foot doesn't seem to have much purpose other than keeping the foot from cracking.

Back