Lave Butane

ghostrider

SilverBack
I just bought a couple cans of this stuff, and refilled a couple of my torch lighters. HOLY HELL!!

Went from a 1 inch flame to almost a foot long on both lighters. I've turned down the flame adjustment on both lighters, but I'm still getting a ridiculously long flame. Any suggestions? At this oint, both are practically useless, unless I want to light my stogies from across the room.

I'm using a PB-207 and a zippo insert.

I just bought a couple cans of this stuff, and refilled a couple of my torch lighters. HOLY HELL!!

Went from a 1 inch flame to almost a foot long on both lighters. I've turned down the flame adjustment on both lighters, but I'm still getting a ridiculously long flame. Any suggestions? At this oint, both are practically useless, unless I want to light my stogies from across the room.

I'm using a PB-207 and a zippo insert.

You didn't get the kind for gas stoves did ya? :D

The flame adjustment thingie is down as far as I can get it. Only way I can get this down to a reasonable flame is to pulse the torch so it doesn't turn into a flame thrower.

The flame adjustment thingie is down as far as I can get it. Only way I can get this down to a reasonable flame is to pulse the torch so it doesn't turn into a flame thrower.

You can just turn the flame adjuster all the way down, purge out ALL the fuel and refill it. That should reset the height.

The flame adjuster has to be turned down BEFORE you refill it, not afterwards.

Till

The flame adjuster has to be turned down BEFORE you refill it, not afterwards.

Till

I've done this, still getting a flame thrower.

I'm thinking it has to be the pressure inside the lighter. After a few seconds of foot long flames, it burns itself out. I can still hear the gas escaping, but the flame is gone.

I see. I do get bigger flames for the first few lights will all my lighters using Vector gas which is 5x refined like Lava. I suppose the gas is "thinner" so more passes through the nozzle. Or because the gas is purer it burns better which means it reacts differently to the air around (gas-air mix).

Till

Back