Leather Cigar Jourals

RETSF

Evolving Lead Gorilla
If Anyones Intrested, I've Attached Photos Of Cigar Journals That I Make, Also Attached Is A Photo Of A Wine Journal With Food And Cigar Paring. [/attach]

Last edited:
The Cost Depends On What A Person Wants. The Basic Cigar Or Wine/food/cigar Journal Range From $150 And $165 Respectively. They Are A Bit Of An Expense But Each Journal Has 100 Pages Of Parchment Paper Hand Sewn To The Leather. I Cut The Leather From A Hide; I Try To Find A Hide Which Has Minimal Processing So That The Appearenc Is As Close As Possible To The 1700's Period When I Make Bullet And Possibles Bags For Black Powder Shooting.

I Failed To Mention Thatother Factors May Increase Or Decrease The Overall Cost. The Exposed Binding May Have Bone, Silver, Or Stone Such As Jade As Well As Other Semi Precious Stone. The Outer Front Cover May Have A 3d Image Sewn To It Such As A Brown Bear Or Trout. The Images Are All Hand Sewn Then India Ink Is Used To Color The Image In. A Basic Journal Starts At $70.00 The Print Work And Other Additions Drive The Cost Up. What Has To Be Kept In Mind Is That These Are To Be Kept And Possibly Handed Down. Depending On What You Do For Work To Entertain Vip's Or Important Functions The Wine Paring Or Cigar Journal May Be Invaluable If Cigars Are A Part Of The Function. If You Already Know That A Certain Cigar Is Of Poor Quality Or An Outstanding Cigar Your Celection Process Is Greatly Reduced Due To Having It Noted.the Picture Attached Has Silver, Aggate, Bone And Horn Beads Protecting The Binding - The Frnt Cover Has A Trout Image Sewn And Inked. View attachment 9378

Last edited:
I like the looks and am interested, so couple of questions:

What are we talking if I wanted just a plain cover with my initials in the lower right hand corner.

Don't like "colored" leathers - would want something just brown (not dyed though).

And lastly - How Do You Type Everything Like This. Doesn't It Drive You Nuts To Have To Hit The Shift Key And Then Backspace When You Type The First Two Letters In Caps Or When You Forget A Word? Drives Me Nuts Trying To Read It All - :confused:

:r :D

Ron

And lastly - How Do You Type Everything Like This. Doesn't It Drive You Nuts To Have To Hit The Shift Key And Then Backspace When You Type The First Two Letters In Caps Or When You Forget A Word? Drives Me Nuts Trying To Read It All -

Ron

:tpd: I kNoW wHaT yOu MeAn MaN.:r

And it is SWeeeet. (the journal)

I would love to buy one. I have no problem with the price (Love hand-crafted goodness), I just need to save up to buy one.

When/Where/How are you looking to sell these?

I like the looks and am interested, so couple of questions:

What are we talking if I wanted just a plain cover with my initials in the lower right hand corner.

Don't like "colored" leathers - would want something just brown (not dyed though).

And lastly - How Do You Type Everything Like This. Doesn't It Drive You Nuts To Have To Hit The Shift Key And Then Backspace When You Type The First Two Letters In Caps Or When You Forget A Word? Drives Me Nuts Trying To Read It All - :confused:

:r :D

Ron

HUMMMMMM, LETS COVER THE LAST QUESTION FIRST....MY EXPERTISE WAS NEVER IN TYPING AND PENMANSHIP, NOT TO MENTION SPELLING.......AS LONG AS I COULD REDUCE THE ENEMY TO CORDWOOD (DAMN I'M BECOMING CIVILIZED) AND BREAK HIS WILL AND THE WILL OF THE ENEMY GOVERNMENT - THAT ALL THAT MATTERED. SOME USE A PEN AND PAPER AND FOLKS LIKE ME SENT OUR MESAGES WITH A BANG. :D

I HAVE A VARITEY OF BROWN LEATHER......BUT SELECTION FROM SOURCES IS LIMITED TO LOCALLY AVAILABLE - I COULD BY FROM OTHER COMPANIES BUT I WANT TO SEE THE LEATHER BEFORE I BUY IT. I ONLY BUY LEATHER THAT IS MINIMALLY PROCESSED. AS FOR INITIALS I CURRENTLY DO NOT DO SPECIAL ITEMS SUCH AS THAT. IN THE FUTURE I'M LOOKING AT INCOPERATING THE USE OF HAND CRAFTED SILVER IMAGES AND LETTERS.

I would love to buy one. I have no problem with the price (Love hand-crafted goodness), I just need to save up to buy one.

When/Where/How are you looking to sell these?

MY COMANNDER IN CHIEF "TO BE" AND I BUILDING A WEB SITE AND WILL BE DISPLAYED THERE. AT SOME POINT YOU WOULD LIKE ONE JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL AND I CAN SEND A PHOTOGRAPH OF CURRENT LEATHE AVAILABLE. I ONLY MAKE ONE OR TWO AT A TIME DUE TO THE COST AND TIME REQUIRED TO MAKE ONE.

HUMMMMMM, LETS COVER THE LAST QUESTION FIRST....MY EXPERTISE WAS NEVER IN TYPING AND PENMANSHIP, NOT TO MENTION SPELLING.......AS LONG AS I COULD REDUCE THE ENEMY TO CORDWOOD (DAMN I'M BECOMING CIVILIZED) AND BREAK HIS WILL AND THE WILL OF THE ENEMY GOVERNMENT - THAT ALL THAT MATTERED. SOME USE A PEN AND PAPER AND FOLKS LIKE ME SENT OUR MESAGES WITH A BANG.

Good - you should feel at home here then as there is a high count on board from all the branches - but even us ex-Army types learned to type - :D :D

Clue: Typing in all caps is considered yelling. :)

I HAVE A VARITEY OF BROWN LEATHER......BUT SELECTION FROM SOURCES IS LIMITED TO LOCALLY AVAILABLE - I COULD BY FROM OTHER COMPANIES BUT I WANT TO SEE THE LEATHER BEFORE I BUY IT. I ONLY BUY LEATHER THAT IS MINIMALLY PROCESSED.

I'm really not that picky - just don't like colors such as in your example. Just a standard old whatever brown color is fine with me. If you have any on hand then post or send me a picture to select from.

AS FOR INITIALS I CURRENTLY DO NOT DO SPECIAL ITEMS SUCH AS THAT. IN THE FUTURE I'M LOOKING AT INCOPERATING THE USE OF HAND CRAFTED SILVER IMAGES AND LETTERS.

I'm not even looking for that degree - just simple initials that are stamped, sewn, inked or even burned in. Not a sticking point though - I'm sure I could find someone locally to do that.

So when you are ready to sell me one - I'm ready to buy - :D

You can PM me also.

Ron

Good - you should feel at home here then as there is a high count on board from all the branches - but even us ex-Army types learned to type - :D :D

I'm really not that picky - just don't like colors such as in your example. Just a standard old whatever brown color is fine with me. If you have any on hand then post or send me a picture to select from.

I'm not even looking for that degree - just simple initials that are stamped, sewn, inked or even burned in. Not a sticking point though - I'm sure I could find someone locally to do that.

You can PM me also.

Ron

My err on the capitals - hen pecking on the key board is so much easier with the cap lock on. :u

You can PM me also.

Ron

Sorry about that. this photo is a cigar journal View attachment 9396

Last edited:
Back