Let’s see your latest haul! Beer, Liquor, Wine, etc...

denverdog

Maturing Primate
It sounds like we have quite a few beer/liquor lovers here so I'm assuming I'm not the only one blowing my allowance on liquid refreshments every month...

Let’s see your latest haul!

Here's mine, most of these will see the cellar for a long nap...

Nice. Hard to see what you have there besides the "Sexual Chocolate Stout" (sounds refreshing ;) ). What is the stuff in the wine bottles? Does beer cellar well?

edit... clicked on the picture and I can see you have a couple other stouts there... can't exactly make out what the other stuff is tho.

Beer in London is sadly unremarkable. While I can find good cask ales, I could buy just about any bottle here cheaper back home in the States.

Whisky, is a different matter altogether. That's where I've been building up my absurd stash. I picked up some great bottles in Islay, but my prides and joys are all single cask bottles from the Scotch Malt Whisky Society. It really doesn't get any better than that.

yohohoinabottle-1.jpg

I'm a rum guy, so that's what's here. The collection has grown some since it was taken, but I'm too lazy to take another one. A, lot of good flavor, cigar drinks and pleasure has been afforded me from this tabletop!

My last purchases:

Mikkeller 'Beer Geek's Breakfast':
53853.jpg

Dogfish Head 'Red and White':
63306.jpg

And Magic Hat 'Circus Boy':
02-2CircusBoy.jpg

The Magic Hat is pretty good, but I still haven't found anything I liked as much as the #9. The Mikkeller is a Norwegian beer, oatmeal stout brewed with coffee (hence the name). Definitely a full body beer, felt thick and heavy in my mouth, almost syrupy, but delicious all the same. Had a bit of a smoky flavor too, must have been a french roast coffee :) Haven't tried the Dogfish Head, but the description gets me excited. A Wit beer brewed with Pinot Noir juice, and then partially aged in Pinot Noir barrels and on oak staves.

My local store just put up a shelf labelled 'Limited Release Microbrews'. There goes all my money.

MMMMM, love all three of those! Had a Dreadnaught recently that must of had some age because it was more american barley wine-esq. The hops were preasent but it seemed pretty sweet and the malt was kicked up. Are they like that fresh?

Very Nice! Dark Lord, Russian River, Lost Abbey. Hmmmm! :dr

This was my last p/u.

Dark Lord, 07 Behemoth BarleyWine, Dreadnaught IPA.

CLick for Big Pic!

I picked up a couple of bottles of Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale last night (along with some wine, HopDevil and bitters, but I digress). I had (and loved) their Fresh Hop Ale from last year. Haven't had it yet (needed to chill), but I'm anxious to give it a try.

alcohol content 6.7% by volume
yeast Ale Yeast
beginning gravity 14.7 Plato
bittering hops Pacific Halertau
ending gravity 3.9 Plato
finishing hops New Zealand Motueka & New Zealand Southern Cross
bitterness units 66
malts Pale & Caramel

http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/harvest_southern.html
harvest-sohem_bottle.jpg

Just polished off the Red & White. Tastes a lot like a barley wine to me. They tend to be a little too sweet for my tastes, but this one was ok. Much better than their Fort, but I still don't think it's as good as their regular releases. The description sounded a lot more complex than the taste. Maybe I should stick to beer-flavored beers.

Back