LFD Limitado II

DonJefe

Missing the Shack
This is a very visually appealing cigar with a dark and oily wrapper. That's all I remember because this cigar kicked my ass. I have not experienced this for a very long time, but this cigar put me down. Hell, I've been known to smoke Opus X for breakfast!!

The first few puffs were pure strength, but then it settled down to what I thought was a great mellow flavor. The first Limitado's were nothing like this and I guess I wasn't prepared! Anybody else have a similar experience with this smoke?

I suck at reviews, but bottom line is I enjoyed this smoke very much even though it got the best of me.

I bought one of those at an LFD event here a month or two ago but haven't gotten around to smoking it yet. Thanks for the reminder, sounds like fun :)

DonJefe said:
Anybody else have a similar experience with these.
Not with the Limatado II. But I smoked an Oscuro Especial chruchill and a Cabinet Oscuro 300 last weekend and they were excellent. The churchill was stronger but I think the 300 had a better flavor profile. LFD ligero and double ligero are about the only domestics I buy on a regular basis.

j.

Donjefe gave me one of these several months back and it has just been sitting patiently in the humi waiting to hear it's name called. Well Sunday I needed a bit of a break and decided to head out to the porch with a Diet Dr., Big bottle of beer and a book (The Da Vinci Code).

I was instantly pleased when I lit the cigar. The aroma and taste started off great and continued 'til the end. Several times I stop to just look at the cigar to really concentrate on the taste. There was also plenty of smoke coming off the cigar, though not massive amounts.

Busy with the cigar and book I didn't even realize it was 5:30 already and getting darn close to time to change for volleyball. Finished the cigar and the chapter and headed in. And then it hit me. That thing gave a bit of a buzz. I ate a little and then I had to go lay down for a few minutes before we left. I even had to let the wife drive to the game. I downed some Gatorade on the way which seemed to help out a lot.

It was a massive cigar with a lot of flavor and good taste. I'd give it 9/10. I'd love to have a few more of these but I'd eat a huge steak before smoking.

P.S.: thanks Jeff.

croatan said:
I've smoked a few of these now and really enjoyed them. Lots and lots of flavor.
Me too! Seems the whole LFD line is that way. Quickly becoming favorites.:w

:ms NCRM

Had one of these yesterday...very large cigar, with the Lito Gomez looking mottled/marble wrapper.
Started off with some pepper and typical LFD kick then mellowed into a full flavored flavor bomb of 'latte' type flavors. Even though it mellowed, it was always strong enough to let you know it could kick your butt if u inhale. TONS of smoke off this thing (most volume of smoke out of 1 cigar I have ever seen).
I really need to find more of these. Reccomended.

Back