LFD Mysterio

VirtualSmitty

Fear the walrus
Recently gifted to me by TxMatt. It's a real beauty of a stick, big perfecto rolled perfectly. Strange pig tail top (never seen that on a perfecto before), as well as a bit of maduro leaf at the cap and foot. Just a beautiful cigar, a real piece of art.

And since I like destroying art, I fired this one up yesterday. Draw starts up a bit firm, but loosens as it burns up the barrel. You can really taste the ligero in this one. It coats the tongue, but it's not overwhelming. Real nice, not too much pepper, actually rather smooth and creamy. Some good quality ligero in there for sure.

About halfway flavor changed a bit, started to taste a bit bread like. Core ligero flavor still there. This is getting real tasty. Some woodsy flavors there too. This a fine cigar so far.

Last third flavor really got intense. Suddenly that subdued ligero became not so subdued and started kicking my ass. I notice my hand starting to shake. Getting a tinge in back of my throat. Knees feel weak. Must sit. Smoked to the nub. Real tasty. Sleepy...

An awesome cigar, one of the better NCs i've smoked in a long while. I'm weak, I ordered two 5 count boxes earlier. I think these gonna get real nice with some time on em. Many thanks Matt!

i've been waiting for someone to reveiw those for a while now, and i'm glad that you did it, in stead of just some shmoe. i've been trying to get my hands on one or two of these for a little while now, my B&M shop had them for about a day, then they sold out. i'll keep looking tho

That's a hell of a mean gift! Making you shake and all! :D

These look very interesting but I'm not sure my local bm has them right now and I'm not sure I'd drop the dough on em until I read a few more reviews- but they are enticing!

Thanks for the review and for nudging me to decide to grab one sometime!

Well that was a glowing review.I guess not much of a suprise as Litto wont put out anything thats not quality.Thanks...

Bleh, I missed getting these when a new local shop opened, they had a company guy there selling LFD's buy-two-get-1-free and they had a box of Mysterios. Oh well.. :tg

ANyone have any luck finding these online? I spent about 2 hours yesterday trying to find ANY information on these and the information is hard to find. I even went to the LFD Website and didn't see them mentioned. That just annoys the crap out of me. :mad:

went to my local shop and saw this sticks and said those look nice picked up a box set of 5 thinking i wonder what the price is and was amazed that the shop owner had them marked at only $31 bucks for the set. i was like no way so i bought a box not knowing what they usually go for and was blown away when i checked the serious website and it goes for $67 bucks!!! what a steal now i gotta go back and see if he has anymore.didnt see anymore though as i think that was the last one other then the one he had opened for display.

I'm curious about this description. I did a search for the Mysterio and found them at Longashes 2U.com The wrapper described in this thread is Ec. sungrown but, at LA2U the wrapper is described as a Connecticut wrapper, with Dominican filler, and rated as mild to medium. What you guys described is not what I saw at the other site. Is there another type of LFD Mysterio?

Sounds like Serious Cigars agrees with VirtualSmitty:

La Flor Dominicana Mysterio Cigars

Strength: Very Full Body
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sun Grown
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican
Origin: Dominican Republic

:)

Sounds like Serious Cigars agrees with VirtualSmitty:

La Flor Dominicana Mysterio Cigars

Strength: Very Full Body
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sun Grown
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican
Origin: Dominican Republic

:)

Yeah but, is there a different version than the one Virtual Smitty and Serious refer to? My reasons for wanting to know are: ashes2u have a very good price on the mysterio for a box of 5; best I have seen online so far. I also prefer the cigar that VirtualSmitty has described rather than the one listed at ashes2u.

I'm curious about this description. I did a search for the Mysterio and found them at Longashes 2U.com The wrapper described in this thread is Ec. sungrown but, at LA2U the wrapper is described as a Connecticut wrapper, with Dominican filler, and rated as mild to medium. What you guys described is not what I saw at the other site. Is there another type of LFD Mysterio?

An awful lot of cigars are using Connecticut seed grown in Ecuador. Sungrown in many parts of the country produces a wrapper that is the same color as a shade wrapper because of cloud cover.

There is only one Mysterio I am aware of.

-Matt-

An awful lot of cigars are using Connecticut seed grown in Ecuador. Sungrown in many parts of the country produces a wrapper that is the same color as a shade wrapper because of cloud cover.

There is only one Mysterio I am aware of.

-Matt-

Thanks TXMatt. I was hoping this was the case. From all that I have read on them so far, I thought there was only one as well. But the strength rating over at ashes2U doesn't gibe either with Virtual smittys review either. They had em as mild to medium, and Serious cigars has them as fullbodied :confused:

Back