LGC serie R

One of my favorite smokes. Love the LGC R #7 Maduro. Never had any burn problems here unless I'm outside with a breeze or driving with the tops off. :tu

One of my favorite smokes. Love the LGC R #7 Maduro. Never had any burn problems here unless I'm outside with a breeze or driving with the tops off. :tu

That is one HUGE cigar. I used to love these but haven't had one in quite some time. Not really sure why.:confused:

These are one of my absolute favorites, but I have noticed that they burn a bit uneven. Nothing horrible, but I usually have to touch them up with my lighter to keep it from getting out of control.

That's weird most of you are saying no issues. I have had boxes of the #5 and they always need touched up. Maybe we just have a different idea of a perfect burn. I thing the cigars are fantastic otherwise.

Possibly comparing it to a Padron is unfair

That's weird most of you are saying no issues. I have had boxes of the #5 and they always need touched up. Maybe we just have a different idea of a perfect burn. I thing the cigars are fantastic otherwise.

Possibly comparing it to a Padron is unfair

This is without doubt one of my favorite cigars. I will always have a box of these. I wouldn't say that they have burn issues, but I am also always touching them up. I have never had one burn perfect all the way down.

By far, one of my favorites (#5) - I love the maduro wrapper. It has a whole host of flavors from peppery to leathery to coffee.. probably my untrained palate!! The ones I smoke usually have an uneven burn and I usually have trouble keeping them lit though.:ss:ss:ss:ss

One of my favorite sticks. Everytime I'm smoking one I find myself saying "thank you Ernesto" They do tend to burn uneven, but I think that might have to do with the age and large RG. I usually buy these down at the local liquor store, which has a great humidor. I bet these are even better w/ 6 months in the humidor.

Everyone that I have smoked burned uneven, a friend of mine has about 10 out of every box that burns uneven. He only smoked the LGC Series R. Maybe they need a higher or lower RH, I am think a bit on the higher end. Maybe the next time I pick some up I will experiment a bit.

Has anyone found these cigars to be extremely hard? I have a few in my cooler that have always been kept at a good level of humidity but they are rock hard, almost as if they are dried out.

there is a guy at my B&M who has self-induced issues when he smokes #7...it canoes on him all the time..but he doesn't want to correct or learn to light it right.

I have no iusses with #4 or #2

That is one HUGE cigar. I used to love these but haven't had one in quite some time. Not really sure why.:confused:

I agree with both of you. I love the #7 maduros, and I have no idea why I haven't had one in over 6 months. They are a great balance of body, flavor, and complexity. Just make sure you have time to finish it. Those #7s require an investment of time. I'll have to buy another box of them as soon as I can scrape together the money.

Back