Lighter help

I have searched all over the place, read a lot and now I cannot make a decision. I want to purchase a lighter, but I am stuck. Can a newb get a little guidance on choosing between a Lotus 2 and a ST Dupont X-Tend? I hope I can get the reasoning behind the responses to this dilemma. Thanks in advance.

I know nothing about the Lotus but know several who love their X-tends. Being a cheap bastage I'd opt for the less status symbol PB-207 and a damn nice box of smokes.

floydp said:
I know nothing about the Lotus but know several who love their X-tends. Being a cheap bastage I'd opt for the less status symbol PB-207 and a damn nice box of smokes.

:tpd: The PB-207 might not look pretty but the one that was given to me works like a charm and I have had Zero problems with it. Buddy of mine has the Lotus and likes it a lot.

Stacey

Warhorse545 said:
:tpd: The PB-207 might not look pretty but the one that was given to me works like a charm and I have had Zero problems with it. Buddy of mine has the Lotus and likes it a lot.

Stacey

:tpd: :tpd:

Ron

floydp said:

:tpd: :tpd: :tpd: Frank hit the nail on the head. I have both the Lotus and the Blazer PB-207 and I hardly use the Lotus. It is a VERY well made, substantial feeling lighter, but the Blazer's fuel capacity trumps all other lighters I have used. I have looked at the X-tend series and it looks like a fine lighter too. I guess it comes down to personal preference. I used to care about looks and feel, but now it is just about performance. Blazer/Prince wins.
Let us know what you pick.

Well, my friend has the PB-207. He likes it. You guys have pulled me in the direction of practical. I am getting to old to look cool anymore any way...plus, I will have more to spend on cigars now. Thanks.

I have come to the conclusion that all torch lighters are sometimes difficult, but I can pretty much rely on the X-tend I got last year on Cbid. The Lotus, I don't know.

Bigwaved said:
I have searched all over the place, read a lot and now I cannot make a decision. I want to purchase a lighter, but I am stuck. Can a newb get a little guidance on choosing between a Lotus 2 and a ST Dupont X-Tend? I hope I can get the reasoning behind the responses to this dilemma. Thanks in advance.
If funds for sticks are the goal, why not any Zippo case with a Z-Plus insert? The thought of a $60 or a $165 lighter dying or being lost is a big disincentive for me. Zippo cases are very reasonable and classic in design and you could even replace a few inserts and still be way ahead of the game.

:2

akatora said:
Whatever you do...and I mean it, stay away from Colibri!:c

Ha Ha Ha!!!!! The on going joke at the shop is, when someone comes in and buys a higher priced Colibri, we give them a box of wood matches with it......

$27 from NextCigar.com is the lowest I know of.

I have both the Dupont and the PB-207, but only because I won an eBay auction for the Dupong ($35!)

The St. Dupont is the only lighter I have used that works as good as the PB-207 (other than the PB-207 itself of course); but if you don't mind the looks of the PB-207, its a no brainer best lighter on the market..

-Matt-

I don't know about the Lotus, but I got a dupont from c-bid at a good price. It has worked very well for over a year.

Back